Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2024, 08:27 AM   #1
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Firmware 5.0.175773

In Case you're wondering which version the Tolino Shine Color (Clara Color) variant is using, it's 5.0.175773.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	208101
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:08 AM   #2
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to add, that the firmware's date is 2024-05-06.
Advert
Old 05-07-2024, 10:06 AM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Can you tell me the affiliate for the device from the config in .kobo?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:15 AM   #4
rantanplan
Guru

Sure, it's like this:
Code:
[General]
affiliate=Thalia.de
I assume that I can change this to libri.de or others, but Skoobe is only available for Thalia devices.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:18 AM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that's correct. I'm going to have to update kfwproxy too so this doesn't mess up the version tracking for Kobo devices...
Advert
Old 05-07-2024, 10:21 AM   #6
geek1011
Wizard

Hmm, can I also get the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file from /usr/local/Kobo (easiest way is to add a NickelMenu action to copy it to /mnt/onboard)?
Old 05-07-2024, 10:33 AM   #7
rantanplan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Hmm, can I also get the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file from /usr/local/Kobo (easiest way is to add a NickelMenu action to copy it to /mnt/onboard)?

I don’t know how to do that. If you give me an example config I'll give it a try.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:08 AM   #8
rantanplan
Guru

Plot twist:
I've put the KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo but the device does not install the patch / nickelmenu.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:24 AM   #9
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Plot twist:
I've put the KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo but the device does not install the patch / nickelmenu.
Ugh. Can you enable dev mode (you will need to do this in the config file) and see if telnet/ftp works? Use admin as the username and password.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:35 AM   #10
rantanplan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Ugh. Can you enable dev mode (you will need to do this in the config file) and see if telnet/ftp works? Use admin as the username and password.

devmodeon works. Couldn’t. Find telnet/ftp options but look at what I found on page 5:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9fa83d985e832243f085e01748abaa30.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	208105

An option to switch brands 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited by rantanplan; 05-07-2024 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:46 AM   #11
rantanplan
Guru

We've found another affiliate option:
Code:
affiliate=meineBUCHhandlung
Old 05-07-2024, 01:49 PM   #12
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
devmodeon works. Couldn’t. Find telnet/ftp options but look at what I found on page 5:

Attachment 208105

An option to switch brands 🙏🙏🙏
Interesting, so maybe 5.x.x will be kobo after all... I'm curious about the build number jump though.

Telnet should be enabled automatically when devtools is enabled. Connect using the "telnet" command on your computer, then run "tar cvf /mnt/onboard/stuff.tgz /usr/local/Kobo", then send me that file.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:03 PM   #13
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
I also enabled dev mode with devmodeon in the search field. But trying a telnet connection gives me a "Connection refused". Perhaps I missed something?
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:13 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As far as I can tell, devmodeon no longer enables telnet.

I tried a portscan and only ports 5000 and 5001 were open after enabling devmode. This is as opposed to a Libra H20 where telnet and ftp were opened.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:23 PM   #15
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
Thanks, Peter. So what are the options, if any, to enable telnet/ssh?
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote