Notices

Old 08-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Moon+Reader Pro on "punch hole" devices

Hi,

I wonder if Moon+ gets automatically full sceen (immersive mode) on smartphones with "punch hole" ? Like Samsung S10e for exemple...

I'm scared to see something like that (not very immersive) :

Thanks.
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've never used a device with a punch hole camera but I do read with Moon+ on a phone and I know you can adjust the top margin to keep what you show in the picture from happening. The S10e has a 5.8" screen and you'd lose almost a half inch of that but I read on a phone with a 5" screen so you'd still have more screen than I do. I used to read on a phone with a 4.5" screen and it was plenty large enough for me. I don't think more is always better.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2020, 04:48 AM   #3
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Thanks for this reply. I read too on a "little" phone (Moto G 2013) with Moon+ and I love it. But i want to change this "old"phone, so...
Old 08-16-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
You might see if you can find someone who has a phone with a punch hole camera and ask them to install the free version of Moon+ and let you see how it looks. Personally I doubt if it'll be a problem but that's a lot of money to spend if it turns out that it is a problem.

My last phone didn't get as much battery life as my current one and reading on it kept me from getting through the day on the battery so I bought a very cheap second phone with no service, just for reading. It turned out so well, and that phone was so much nicer than my expensive but much older regular phone that it became my regular phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I got it renewed from Amazon for $20. Those are gone but the new ones are still real cheap. You can get one locked to some carrier for about $30 to use strictly for reading if you don't mind carrying a second device. Not a perfect answer I know but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Today, I fixed this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, but I'm not sure exactly how I did it! I was selecting, then deselecting, selecting, deselecting.... and then a black bar appeared across the top of the screen to "hide" the camera punch hole.

This is what I did.....under "Miscellaneous" select "Show system notification bar" and tap it's setting icon and select both "Full screen mode" and "Fit notch screen (Android 9+)". Tap ok.

Exit Moon Reader. Launch Moon Reader. Go back to "Miscellaneous", deselect "Show system notification bar" and tap it's setting icon and deselect "Fit notch screen (Android 9+)".

It may be just selecting and deselecting "Show system notification bar" that made the black bar appear at the top of the screen to hide the camera hole. I'm not sure.

So far, the black bar has persisted.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #6
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Thank you homeceo43 ! I'll try when i'll get my new phone !

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeceo43 View Post
Today, I fixed this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, but I'm not sure exactly how I did it! I was selecting, then deselecting, selecting, deselecting.... and then a black bar appeared across the top of the screen to "hide" the camera punch hole.

This is what I did.....under "Miscellaneous" select "Show system notification bar" and tap it's setting icon and select both "Full screen mode" and "Fit notch screen (Android 9+)". Tap ok.

Exit Moon Reader. Launch Moon Reader. Go back to "Miscellaneous", deselect "Show system notification bar" and tap it's setting icon and deselect "Fit notch screen (Android 9+)".

It may be just selecting and deselecting "Show system notification bar" that made the black bar appear at the top of the screen to hide the camera hole. I'm not sure.

So far, the black bar has persisted.