Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Audvin
Audvin began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Customizable Ebook Reader controls and UI

Hello

Your software is amazing I hope you noticed the money I paypaled you. After trying out the server I think I came across a great usecase which possibly weren't planned for. Hosting calibre through the browser allows one to access a ton of useful software addons, otherwise known as extensions. Sadly the default controls do not allow one to take use of these possibilities. One extension which I really like is the "Diigo Web Collector - Capture and Annotate". It lets you annotate, highlight, bookmark and outline webpages. The bookmark feature works, but the rest do not. I thought maybe the custom control had something to do with it (opening menu with right click for example). Also something I noticed is that the custom diigo cursor for higlighting appears when the menu is open, but not when it is closed.

see:

One more thing. I use my surface pro with a touch screen for reading aswell. Now it is impossible to select text.

Would it be possible to allow for such features? I really love the idea of everything working together to create the perfect program though the browser.
Audvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Audvin

Ahh pictures didn't work like that

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200524_154745.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	716.5 KB
ID:	179474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200524_154757.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	634.0 KB
ID:	179475  
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Long tap to highlight words on a touch screen. And in calibre 5 you will have custom control to manage more complex selections. As for Diigo I have no idea why it doesnt work, most likely because the text from the book is rendered in its own iframe for security reasons.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
Audvin

Ahh nice to hear about calibre 5 Yes I'm pretty sure it's a ebook reader issue. also tried out "Weava Highlighter - PDF & Web", "Super Simple Highlighter", "Beanote - Note Taking on Web Pages", "Note Anywhere", and some others. None worked.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Audvin

something like this could be a good solution

https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown/
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
Audvin

Ahh, okay I found a solution. I converted the book to docx, split it with kutools, uploaded the chapthers to gitbook and made a webpage. It has table of contents and everything. Just enter the doc though the sharable link