Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 02-20-2023, 11:58 PM   #1
0jay
0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: AuraOne & Elipsa
Question re Server & Plugins

Hi all,
wanting to setup Calibre Server on a headless Raspbian/OMV install but not sure if I’ll get equivalent function from Calibre desktop.

I like to transfer to my Kobos with a transcode to kpub but am guessing this feature will not be possible with my proposed setup.

Can anyone tell me if it’s doable?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 12:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The content server allows conversion using the same code/plugins as normal calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2023, 02:41 AM   #3
0jay
0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions0jay can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: AuraOne & Elipsa
Question re Server & Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The content server allows conversion using the same code/plugins as normal calibre.

Great!
Thank you.
Are there any limitations? Can it still backup highlights, read progress and notes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:04 PM   #4
ecabot
ecabot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bonjour,
J'ai une question par rapport aux connexions à distance. Comment peut-on se connecter au Serveur de contenu quand on est hors du réseau où l'ordinateur est connecté. Par exemple, l'ordinateur contenant calibre est connecté sur le réseau 1 et mon téléphone est connecté sur un réseau 2. Je ne peux pas me connecter de mon téléphone à l'ordinateur contenant les fichiers. Par contre si mon téléphone est connecté au réseau 1 là je pourrais y accéder.

Peut-on, en fait, accéder aux fichiers partout ? Si oui, comment ?
Dans l'attente d'une réponse,

Google translate
Good morning,
I have a question regarding remote connections. How can we connect to the Content Server when we are outside the network where the computer is connected. For example, the computer containing caliber is connected to network 1 and my phone is connected to network 2. I cannot connect from my phone to the computer containing the files. On the other hand if my phone is connected to network 1 then I could access it.

Can we, in fact, access the files everywhere? If yes, how ?
Waiting for an answer,

Last edited by theducks; 03-09-2023 at 01:55 PM. Reason: trans
ecabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You will have to set up the computer with calibre so that it is accessible from the other network. If you look at your router, you should be able to set up port forwarding so that a connection from outside the network to the port that your calibre server is using is re-directed to your calibre server.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2023, 12:57 PM   #6
ecabot

Bonjour,
Suite à ma question sur l'accès à distance, j'ai paramétré la redirection de port (port forwarding) mais toujours aucun résultat...

Y a-t-il un bug ?
Google translated
Good morning,
Following my question on remote access, I configured port forwarding but still no result...

Is there a bug?

Last edited by theducks; 03-09-2023 at 01:53 PM. Reason: trans
Old 03-09-2023, 09:48 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Once you have the port forward configured, you will also need to use the external IP address of your router to connect to.

That is, your calibre server has an internal IP address of 172.16.89.127 and you have forwarded port 8080 on your router to that internal address. Those are examples, use the actual values for your system.

Now get the external address of your system. For instance, whatsmyip as a Google search will give you that address. 208.67.222.222 as a example. You might also check whatsmyip.org since Google has developed a nasty habit of returning IPv6 addresses.

If your ISP allows you to use inbound ports (not all of them do), from outside your local network, you should be able to use 208.67.222.222:8080 as the address for your server. An easy way to test is to turn off WiFi on your phone and see if you can connect to your server.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 06:12 PM   #8
ecabot

Bonjour,
Depuis vos derniers conseils, mon problème a été réglé. Merci beaucoup de votre aide.

Maintenant, j'ai d'autres questions.
1. Est-il possible de configurer l'interface en ligne de calibre (comme par exemple le fond de la page, la police, ...) ?
2. Auriez-vous des exemples de sites fournissant des dyndns gratuitement autre que no-ip et compatible avec les boxs orange ?
3. Saviez-vous si les noms de dns google sont compatibles avec calibre pour une redirection d'adresse avec accès à distance ?

Dans l'attente d'une réponse rapide je l'espère,
Cordialement,

NB : La traduction peut ne pas être correcte avec google traduction, consulter plus tôt le site https://www.reverso.net/ Français vers la langue souhaitée.