Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro

Looking for best way to totally reset this thing.

I bought it a few months back, mainly for the larger screen (usually read on a Kobo Libra) and immediately installed KOReader on it after reading here that it would be better. I added a few books and read awhile but it seemed very slow to change pages, scroll, etc. so it's been gathering dust since then. Yesterday decided to try it again and it's still very slow. I could not get it to use the stock reader so I uninstalled KOreader by removing the folder in the app folder.

It is still just as slow to change screens but now I can also no longer open most of the books. They all appear to be there (added through Calibre) but few will actually open and they all show clouds on them. The ones which open are those in the public domain, like Dickens. The others, if I long press and choose open with epub reader, say they have DRM on them even though I have those plug-ins working in Calibre. And these books were opening up yesterday when I had KOReader installed.

So I was going to do a factory reset and start over. But the manual says that will not get rid of the books, only reset the settings? So need to format the drive first and then do the reset?
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
kutusov
Enthusiast
kutusov began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro; Kobo Libra 2
I had those issues when I tried Koreader, it takes time for koreader to settle on the books. Eventually I got the correct covers and books would open, so you could try leaving it on for a while (a day or so, I guess...)

I ended up not liking koreader and just did a factory reset from the main menu and everything went to what it was, plus I had all my books still in there.
kutusov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert