Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #1
Trel
Connoisseur
Trel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
What would be the best/correct way do query for

I have a custom read/unread column.
I'm aware of calibredb, but not very familiar with it.

What I tried to do was

Code:
calibredb --library-path=/path/to/library list --fields "series,series_index" --search 'series:True series_index:1.0 #readstatus:"=Read"' --sort-by 'series'
I got it mostly working, but three issues.

1. The sort is reverse alphabetical (I want alphabetical)
2. The sort is done where "insignificant" words like "A" or "The" are disregarded (I want them included)
3. It still prints the ID, despite me not including it in --fields (I don't want the ID shown).

I was able to handle this with a mixture of various Linux text processing tools like cut, sed, and sort, but ideally I wouldn't have to do this somehow?

Once I get that down, I want to additionally select the MAX series index for each series, but I have no clue how I'd do that.

Last edited by Trel; Yesterday at 04:03 PM.
Trel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #2
jmurphy
Connoisseur
jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipaq
It won't get rid of the id, but try:

list --fields series,series_index --search "series:true and series_index:1.0 and #readstatus:Read" --sort-by series --ascending
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert