Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
sb1370
Enthusiast
sb1370 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Question Where to Buy (with Best Prices) for someone in Iran

I'm a student and looking for an ereader to buy, but unfortunately E-ink ereaders are one of the least known gadgets in my country. I haven't seen any E-ink ereaders.
I first searched aliexpress, could find some kindles for 75$, but they had no serial number. ( I think they are stolen.) other items were more pricy.
I could find cheap used paperwhite 2 devices at ebay (50$) but they don't ship to my country.
I could find someone who can send me the device, but he charges me about the price of the device itself! i.e. I have to pay 100$.
May you tell me where can I find cheap ereaders?
sb1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Perhaps if you said where you lived you'd get some advice.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
uncletoma
Connoisseur
uncletoma doesn't litteruncletoma doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
I agree with pdurrant, by the way you can search Boyue on aliexpress and find a lot of items around €100
Other chinese tech sellers such as Gearbest have nothing, others like Banggood have few items with really high prices
uncletoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Perhaps if you said where you lived you'd get some advice.
I live in Iran.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:05 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We have a number of members in Iran. Hopefully one of them will see your message and be able to offer advice.

I'd recommend adding your location to your profile. It's a lot easier to offer help to someone if we know which country they're in.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2015, 03:20 AM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I hear that the embargo may be lifted in January. Perhaps, you will have more choices then.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:21 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've amended the thread title to attract the attention of people who might know.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've amended the thread title to attract the attention of people who might know.
Thank you, but I don't think I would be able to
find devices under 150$ here. usually 2 or 3 times more than their retail prices.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Ah - I see my title choice is ambiguous. I'll try again.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
uncletoma
Connoisseur

btw you can buy on Amazon or ebay, according to PressTV
Old 11-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #11
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
btw you can buy on Amazon or ebay, according to PressTV
It is unknown when it is going to happen, I don't count on it. Actually we can do it now, but with extra fees.
btw I might ask my friend who one of his relatives lives in Germany to buy me the device and bring it on christmass holidays. I hope he will argee to do so.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #12
sb1370
Enthusiast

Meanwhile, I want an E-ink ereader because I use my laptop most of the times and it makes my eyes dry and cause me headache, so it can be a break for my eyes, plus I have bad night's sleeps. And my another reason is focusing myself on reading.
Do you think these are good reasons to buy an ereader? Is E-ink advantage a myth? Personally I don't like to waste my money for a gadget that will reside in the corner of my house useless. Also I'm a student and should spend my money wisely.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #13
uncletoma
Connoisseur

As ereader replacement, you can grab any kind of tablet (i suggest you screen aspect ratio 4:3, and not 16:9 or 16:10, much better for reading), maybe a cheap one (you must use it only for reading), installing a good ereading app (my preferred one is pocketbook, but there are a lot of apps, free or not, on google play or other android markets), put it on night mode (black screen and white characters, there is another mode on some apps, black character on papyrus screen, but i realy don't like it), down backlight as you prefear and... bingo
A tablet is more versatile: pdf, cbr/cbz better than an ereader, external estore apps for ebooks such as kindle, kobo, tolino, and so on.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #14
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You might have trouble buying books, though, as most companies cannot legally sell to customers in Iran.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #15
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
As ereader replacement, you can grab any kind of tablet (i suggest you screen aspect ratio 4:3, and not 16:9 or 16:10, much better for reading), maybe a cheap one (you must use it only for reading), installing a good ereading app (my preferred one is pocketbook, but there are a lot of apps, free or not, on google play or other android markets), put it on night mode (black screen and white characters, there is another mode on some apps, black character on papyrus screen, but i realy don't like it), down backlight as you prefear and... bingo
A tablet is more versatile: pdf, cbr/cbz better than an ereader, external estore apps for ebooks such as kindle, kobo, tolino, and so on.
So, what about the advantages of E-ink?
If a tablet can do that, I can borrow my brother's tablet. He doesn't use it.

Tags
stores