Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
bumpkinboy
bumpkinboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Create single book out of multiple files?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a single ebook out of multiple files. When I create a new ebook in Calibre and add multiple file selections (.txt, .docx, .html - it doesn't matter), Calibre creates multiple new ebooks - one for each file. When I convert the new book to epub format and try to edit it -- I can't seem to add any new files to the book (Text section).

Can it be done? Or must I merge all the files I have (separate chapters, actually) into a single file and only then bring it into Calibre. ?

Thanks.
bumpkinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I used the ePubMerge plugin to make a big omnibus out of loads of short story files I had from Fictionwise. It would probably let you get your ebook made, even if it's not the optimal solution.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
If you put them all in one zip, will that work?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can add multiple html files to a book via File->Import files into book

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit...ew-blank-files
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
bumpkinboy
bumpkinboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh wow - why couldn't I figure that out!? Thank you guys. I used Kovid Goyal's suggestion, and imported .htm files to an already started book. Worked perfectly!

It's not easy to find this topic searching the Help files, though. In my defense. :-)
bumpkinboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple files