Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-05-2024, 04:09 PM   #1
SpicyPoison
SpicyPoison began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Angry Amazon Kindle does not have support for Audible in India. What next?

I purchased an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. I am from India. My kindle have a Bluetooth functionality but it's of no use to me as kindle devices in India doesn't support audible.

So my question is can I store .m4b/.m4a files as audiobooks on kindle and listen them using a Bluetooth speaker/headphones? Just like we do with .azw3 files using calibre for eBooks. Similarly for audiobooks?
SpicyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:37 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyPoison View Post
I purchased an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. I am from India. My kindle have a Bluetooth functionality but it's of no use to me as kindle devices in India doesn't support audible.

So my question is can I store .m4b/.m4a files as audiobooks on kindle and listen them using a Bluetooth speaker/headphones? Just like we do with .azw3 files using calibre for eBooks. Similarly for audiobooks?
The only way to know is to try it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:40 AM   #3
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I suppose that the best solution would be VPN.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 10:45 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyPoison View Post

I went a few rounds of discussion with Audible Canada about their lack of support for Kindle ereaders in mid-2021. Their response was:
Quote:
At this time, Kindle is not compatible with our Audible.ca software. We are always looking to expand our compatible devices catalog but since an extensive technical testing is required to perfect the final platform it may take a bit longer then expected to release a supported platform.
Pointing out the hardware and firmware on a Kindle Paperwhite was the same in both Canada and the US was responded to with the same "extensive technical testing" nonsense. A question as to what software Audible.ca would install on a Kindle Paperwhite was responded to with deafening silence.

Amazon.ca's tech support's idea of help was to point out that Audible while owned by Amazon is a separate company and Amazon has no control over their testing procedure.

I could find no way to sideload audio books on my Kindle though I could not try a few suggestions since my Paperwhite is not jailbroken.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-13-2024 at 10:49 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, india, kindle paperwhite