Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Where does Kobo store its books?

It's been a while since I bought anything from Kobo. Now, in the old days there was a download button next to your book on the website (in your Library) and you'd download the epub to some folder in Documents. Pick it up, put it in Calibre and presto!
No more? All I see as options is either straight on the device or through the desktop app. The latter stores some weird file without extension in User/appdata/local/Kobo/blablabla. How do I get my hands on an epub which I can manhandle in any way I choose? Without having to sync my device?
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
In the Library on the Kobo site click on the three dots to the right of the book (in the column named actions) you want to download and choose export file. That lets you download the epub if it is DRM free, or the acsm file for Adobe Digital Edtions if it has DRM.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should've looked beyond my nose (as the Dutch expression goes). Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Should've looked beyond my nose (as the Dutch expression goes). Thanks!
You can also click on the Return to your old library link where the sort by date lets me see my new purchases on top rather than having to hunt through the library for them. I've bookmarked the link just to save myself a couple of clicks. Try Old Library link to see if this works for you -- it does for me but I have the username/password for that Kobo account saved.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
bartveld
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Try Old Library link to see if this works for you -- it does for me but I have the username/password for that Kobo account saved.
Good suggestion, David. Thanks!
Advert