Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
love2readca
love2readca began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
A few free finds on the Kobo store

Available in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan:
1984 by George Orwell
Animal Farm by George Orwell

Available everywhere:
12 Years a Slave
love2readca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks, I snagged 1984 and Animal Farm.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
12 Years a Slave was available for me, but the others were not. That's from the U.S. Any other U.S. customers having an issue with this?

Thanks for the links, love2readca.

Edited to add that 12 Years a Slave also has not download button in my library, but it shows as available in my Kobo app on my iPad. Must be one of those quirky Kobo things where they won't let you download to a different app.

Last edited by 49Kat; 03-18-2014 at 10:19 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks, all of those books are available in South Korea
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I believe 1984 and Animal Farm are in public domain for the listed countries. They are not in the US.

12 Years a Slave: It's probably a kepub.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2readca View Post
Available everywhere:
12 Years a Slave
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
12 Years a Slave: It's probably a kepub.
Must be cause I can't download the file. I try to avoid those
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The same publisher also has C. S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe free.

Edit: Just realised these are all now in the public domain, so the whole series is available free at Gutenberg.

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-18-2014 at 10:53 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Must be cause I can't download the file. I try to avoid those
If you have a Kobo device or at least the app, you're not really losing anything by picking up a free book, though.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The same publisher also has C. S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe free.
Not here. I'll be back in Canada next month, maybe they'll all be available there.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
If you have a Kobo device or at least the app, you're not really losing anything by picking up a free book, though.
I uninstalled the app from my phone since I never use it but I guess I could use it for those only.ty
Old 03-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #11
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I uninstalled the app from my phone since I never use it but I guess I could use it for those only.ty
12 Years a Slave is actually offered in the ebook library here for mobi and epub if you don't want to use the app.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #12
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
12 Years a Slave is actually offered in the ebook library here for mobi and epub if you don't want to use the app.
Oh cool
Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #13
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
In the US, 12 Years a Slave is a freebie at Feedbooks, and Orwell's books are freebies at ebooks.Adelaide.edu.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
In the US, 12 Years a Slave is a freebie at Feedbooks, and Orwell's books are freebies at ebooks.Adelaide.edu.
ebooks.Adelaide.edu didn't work but http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au (note the .au at the end) did work.

Thanks for the good lead.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Orwell died in 1950 and his books are not public domain in the USA yet. Copyright regulations are different in different countries, which is why the University of Adelaide posts a copyright warning in their FAQs.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote