Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2022, 01:23 PM   #1
Kroketeter
Kroketeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h20
Uninstall nickelmenu

Hi guys,

I need some help uninstalling nicklemenu on my kobo h20.

I uninstalled nicklemenu by turning off my ereader while rebooting. It seems to have uninstalled inproperly, i can still see the nicklemenu on my homescreen. When i press it i get a config error. I also get an nicklemenu popup when selecting text which is really anoying

So how can i uninstall nicklemenu properly? I tried resetting to factory settings, didnt work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind regards
Kroketeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Create a file named uninstall (no file extension) and place it in the .adds/nm directory on your Kobo device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2022, 05:45 AM   #3
mariod
mariod began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Create a file named uninstall (no file extension) and place it in the .adds/nm directory on your Kobo device.
hi!
i have the same problem about uninstall nickelmenu.
in my kobo aura i dont find or there isnt the directory "adds/nm"
could you suggest to me how i can remove nickelmenu on first page of kobo?
thanks
mariod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:03 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariod View Post
hi!
i have the same problem about uninstall nickelmenu.
in my kobo aura i dont find or there isnt the directory "adds/nm"
could you suggest to me how i can remove nickelmenu on first page of kobo?
thanks
The directory you should be looking for is ".adds/nm". The dot is part of the name. If you are doing this from a Mac or Linux, the directory might be hidden as names starting with a dot are considered to be system files. There are ways to show this on a Mac, but, I don't use one. A search should show it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you are doing this from a Mac or Linux, the directory might be hidden as names starting with a dot are considered to be system files. There are ways to show this on a Mac, but, I don't use one. A search should show it.
The following three keys together show hidden files
command shift . (dot)
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
The following three keys together show hidden files
command shift . (dot)

BTW, same combo to turn it off. It is a “toggle”.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote