Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
After the last line in usersettings.txt I've added:
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=748x1014+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesS=748x1014+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesE=1014x748+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesW=1014x748+5+5
After rebooting it didn't result in any change.
These are the values for Aura that I took as default for H2O too, because of a misunderstanding. You have to take other values.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #17
Reventlov
Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
After the last line in usersettings.txt I've added:
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=748x1014+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesS=748x1014+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesE=1014x748+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesW=1014x748+5+5
After rebooting it didn't result in any change.

Looking at the koreader code
Code:
-- Kobo Aura H2O:
local KoboDahlia = Kobo:new{
    model = "Kobo_dahlia",
    -- bezel:
    viewport = Geom:new{x=0, y=10, w=1080, h=1430},
I would assume that values would become:
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesS= 1080x1420+5+5
Is this correct?
Well, adding the following to the files did it, thank you.
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=1080x1430+0+5
ksmGeometryValuesS=1080x1430+0+5
ksmGeometryValuesE=1430x1080+0+5
ksmGeometryValuesW=1430x1080+0+5
(Be sure there is no space after the =)

Last edited by Reventlov; 02-15-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Modified the size to center the
Reventlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #18
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventlov View Post
Code:
(Be sure there is no space after the =)
Mine work, too!
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=1070x1430+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesS=1070x1430+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesE=1430x1070+5+5
ksmGeometryValuesW=1430x1070+5+5
@Tshering Your guess was correct. I now have my line shuffle back as replacement for the lower right window. I'll try Reventlov's values and see whether I can get rid of that, too.

EDIT: Nope. The menu still gets drawn one line down when selecting koreader from the menu.

Last edited by Markismus; 02-15-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #19
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventlov View Post
Code:
Thank you Reventlov and Markismus. That means the bezel eats 5 pixels on the top and 5 on the bottom, and nothing on the left and right sides. From the koreader code quoted by Markismus (viewport = Geom:new{x=0, y=10, w=1080, h=1430},), I would have understood that the bezel eats 10 on the top side and nothing on the other sides, but maybe I am misunderstanding the code.

Edit: From the discussion below I guess the following values should fit:
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=1080x1429+0+11
ksmGeometryValuesS=1080x1429+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesE=1429x1080+11+0
ksmGeometryValuesW=1429x1080+0+0

For H2O users: Please add to the file .adds\kbmenu\usersettings.txt the above 4 lines. Attention: You have to use a unix-style editor.

Last edited by tshering; 02-17-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #20
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
I use the geometry of that post and i'm happy with it. Also apply this geometry in cr3 and kobolauncher.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tshering: Yup, top 11 pixels are behind the bezel. (ie. 1080x1429+0+11 [I *think*?]). (KOReader's viewport is off by 1 pixel, I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet ).

(And by 'top', I mean in portrait mode, and not upside down. i.e. nickel's default orientation).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-15-2015 at 04:17 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #22
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tshering: Yup, top 11 pixels are behind the bezel. (ie. 1080x1429+0+11 [I *think*?]). (KOReader's viewport is off by 1 pixel, I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet ).

(And by 'top', I mean in portrait mode, and not upside down. i.e. nickel's default orientation).
Thank you for letting me know. There seem somehow to be contradictory reports. Maybe the position of the bezel varies between different devices.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tshering: That seems unlikely, given the fact that nickel very specifically blacks out those 11 pixels, and goes to the trouble of special-handling already-processed sleep images to make very sure said 11 top pixels are blacked out, rescaling everything in the process to make sure there's no actual useful content behind the bezel (which, while neat in theory, is annoying in practice, since it potentially rescales an already-dithered image, which is a bad, bad thing. [Yup, I did some extensive testing on the subject, to have pretty sleep covers ;p]).

That, plus the fact that the hidden screenshot feature also uses 11 pixels (although in a broken way, rescaling to 1080x(1440-11) instead of cropping the top 11 pixels off) .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-15-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #24
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
@tshering: That seems unlikely, given the fact that nickel very specifically blacks out those 11 pixels, and goes to the trouble of special-handling already-processed sleep images to make very sure said 11 top pixels are blacked out, rescaling everything in the process to make sure there's no actual useful content behind the bezel (which, wile neat in theory, is annoying in practice, since it potentially rescales an already-dithered image, which is a bad, bad thing. [Yup, I did some extensive testing on the subject to have pretty sleep covers ;p]).

That, plus the fact that the hidden screenshot feature also uses 11 pixels (although in a broken way, rescaling to 1080x(1440-11) instead of cropping the top 11 pixels) .
This sounds convincing. Are they doing something similar also for the Aura?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tshering: I'd be very interested to know. According to KOReader's code, there's a similar shenanigan going on with the *bottom* 12 pixels, but I'd need a proper fbgrab snapshot from an Aura to confirm that, and I don't have an Aura . (That, and I think the Aura is marketed as having a weird screen size off by 10 y px on the Kobo website, so, again, I'm not convinced the value is accurate).

(cf. my previous musings on the subject in the CR thread).

(On a slightly related note: I recently updated the standalone FBGrab builds to handle said cropping automatically on the H2O ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-16-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #26
tshering
Wizard

Quote:

Thank you again. I edited post 19 accordingly.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #27
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@NiLuje Your settings seem to have eliminated the "line shuffle" on my H2O. Thanks!
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #28
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Hello tshering and thanks for KSM.
I just installed night mode but selected "install partial update" instead of "install update". Is it possible that harms the device in any way??

PS: it's on Aura f/w 3.12.1
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #29
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gong View Post
Hello tshering and thanks for KSM.
I just installed night mode but selected "install partial update" instead of "install update". Is it possible that harms the device in any way??

PS: it's on Aura f/w 3.12.1
Everything is okay! In this case both update options will lead to the same result.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #30
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Everything is okay! In this case both update options will lead to the same result.
Ah I'm reassured, thanks!

Also, is the method described here outdated or still the way to go in order to make an alternative setting for koreader?

And where do one set the opening path for koreader?

Last edited by gong; 02-16-2015 at 04:32 PM.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader/nickel, ksm 07