Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
emphyrion
Enthusiast
emphyrion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad, Nexus 7
Wink How does Calibre choose cover from CBZ

Hello,

I have some CBZ files where the internal files have weird names.
Most have a lot of pages (600 to 700).
For some reason, Calibre doesn't select the first page as a cover.
For example, in one of the files it has selected the 142th page as a cover!
Do you know what rules does Calibre use to select the cover from a CBZ file?
I may rename the right file this way to be sure it is selected automatically by Calibre.
I have made some tests, but could not handle this issue.
Thanks for your help,

Emphyrio
emphyrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is the first filename from a simple alphabetical sort of the *full* filename (including any folders) inside the zip file.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@emphyrion - I usually name the image I want as the cover as !cover.jpg, that will force it to be first, in my case it's often a resized/cropped copy of an image further down the list.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:23 AM   #4
emphyrion
Enthusiast
emphyrion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad, Nexus 7
That's what I thought, but for some reason it did not work for these files.
The first file showing in Windows explorer or in Winrar was not the same that the one selected by Calibre.
I eventually renamed all the files and it works now.
Thank you.
emphyrion is offline   Reply With Quote