Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #1
linux-user432
linux-user432 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Unhappy Screensaver hack not applying new screensaver

I have a kindle PW2 that I have jailbroken (It is running 5.12.2.2 firmware). I have Kual and the helped (and MR packages) installed. I tried to install the screensaver hack by placing the pw2 bin for it and the python package in the mrpackages folder. They installed and I rebooted my kindle but the new screensaver does not apply. I have restarted the framework, made it cycle through random images, but the kindle keeps showing the "Your next great read is waiting" image. Anyone know what else I can try?
linux-user432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Configure the screensaver hack using KUAL?
And also be aware that SS hack doesn't work on Kindle with "special offers" / ads.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And that indeed sounds like a Special Offers screensaver .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:48 PM   #4
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
You should try reaching out to customer tech support and request them to disable ads or promotion if they do it for free very well.

Else move to KO Reader permanently ��
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:21 AM   #5
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
Same happened here. The ~ds command to disable the screen saver does not longer work on my Kindle (8. gen)
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert