Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-22-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
abdirahim
abdirahim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
New to KOReader on Kobo - best practices with Calibre?

Thanks to NiLuJe instructions found in the forum, I managed to install KOReader on my Kobo Aura H2O. It's great!

I've also managed to transfer files wirelessly to my device using both DropBox and Calibre server. Yippee!

1. But now I'm wondering, what location should I be downloading these ebook files to? Should I specify the folder as the root, or instead create a separate downloads folder? Will this interfere with Calibre, or create a problem if I switch back and forth between KOReader and Kobo's software?

2. And what the heck's up with USB? I can't get that to do anything when connected. There's a menu option in KOReader to start this, but it doesn't seem to work when I connect to my Windows PC, just starts a countdown saying it's going to back itself out...?

Thanks!

Last edited by abdirahim; 11-22-2021 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling
abdirahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
But now I'm wondering, what location should I be downloading these ebook files to? Should I specify the folder as the root, or instead create a separate downloads folder? Will this interfere with Calibre, or create a problem if I switch back and forth between KOReader and Kobo's software?
That depends on whether you want Nickel to see it or not. If you don't, put it in a hidden folder, for example .books (note the . at the beginning). If you do, it doesn't matter. I don't think Calibre cares.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote