Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
SD cards, OpenInkPot, and EZ Reader

Well I just got my new, blue EZ Reader to replace the one I lost. I immediately loaded OpenInkPot on it. I had read that EZ Reader would take a 4GB SD card so I bought a Transcend (133x) 4GB card. It wasn't recognized by the reader. I went to my fall back position with a 2GB PNY SD card which worked fine.

Today at Walmart I saw they had PNY 4GB cards so I decided to try one. It worked. Just for the heck of it, I tried an 8GB Transcend. Amazingly it also worked.

Has anyone else tried SD cards above 2GB with or without OpenInkPot? I may reload the EZ Reader firmware and check it out but then I may not.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You can check that big discussion about compatible SD-cards:
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=432
They also have a topic about sending back the BeBook for those who find the card-reader faulty:
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=800
Maybe you should complain to the seller and send it back.
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There are different 4 Gig cards on the market but on the SDHC is standard. Some others jumped the gun and extended the 2Gig standard to 4Gig by changing the block size. It is likely that you encountered this. The 8 gig are all SDHC I believe.

Dale
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Dragon_Well
Enthusiast
Dragon_Well began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-reader, Sony PRS-600
I'm using this Adata 16GB SDHC Card with the EZ Reader without any problems. Of note, I have another model of Adata 16GB card that doesn't work at all.