Notices

Old 05-11-2024, 11:41 PM   #1
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Angry Calibre 7.10 Update Issue

Hello,
I recently updated calibre to 7.10 and now my books are opening on a welcome to calibre e-book viewer. Then there are 3 pages per view. All the books previously in my history don't open and I get an error. Is there a way to change the view back to one page.

Thank you.
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 12:17 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
One solution I can envision is:

Preferences -> Miscellaneous - Open calibre configuration folder

Then close Calibre, rename the existing viewer-webengine.json file in that folder to something like old-viewer-webengine.json

When you restart Calibre, this file will be re-created afresh.

I wonder what version you've updated from and which OS you're running.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 01:18 AM   #3
chantw0968
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
One solution I can envision is:

Preferences -> Miscellaneous - Open calibre configuration folder

Then close Calibre, rename the existing viewer-webengine.json file in that folder to something like old-viewer-webengine.json

When you restart Calibre, this file will be re-created afresh.

I wonder what version you've updated from and which OS you're running.
I am running windows 10 and I updated from 7.7.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:28 AM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantw0968 View Post
Then there are 3 pages per view.
Thank you.
Also,

Ctrl + [

see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-05-12, 02_25_54.png
Views:	53
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	208206

Quote:
All the books previously in my history don't open and I get an error.
You don't say what error you get, this might be necessary for Kovid to help you troubleshoot the issue
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
chantw0968
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Also,

Ctrl + [

see:

Attachment 208206

You don't say what error you get, this might be necessary for Kovid to help you troubleshoot the issue
Since the updated from 7.7 to 7.10 the following has been happening:
1. If i try to open a book from my view history. I get an error that says "Failed to open The error that I get is failed to open book at C drive. However, i can search the book and the book will open with the welcome page.
2. The Calibre viewer has completly changed. Now I have to increase the font to only show one page on the screen. Also, the scrolling behavior has changed. I have to scroll twice to get to the next page.

Can you please help.
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 03:08 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
'welcome page' is the clue (to me)
Your configuration folder is missing or damaged.
(the other items you see, sort of confirm this as this is where those keep your customization's)

This is why it wants to recreate (via Welcome) your preferences

The folder is in %appdata%\roaming\calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:38 PM   #7
chantw0968
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
'welcome page' is the clue (to me)
Your configuration folder is missing or damaged.
(the other items you see, sort of confirm this as this is where those keep your customization's)

This is why it wants to recreate (via Welcome) your preferences

Okay, what do I do?
Old 05-12-2024, 08:39 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Okay, what do I do?
restore it from backups... you did do backups?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:57 PM   #9
chantw0968
Enthusiast

Quote:
restore it from backups... you did do backups?
No, I didn't do a backup.
Old 05-13-2024, 12:39 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, what do I do?
The default for %appdata%\roaming\calibre is

Code:
C:\Users\<login id>\Appdata\roaming\calibre
Are you sure you're logged in with the same login id

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:16 PM   #11
chantw0968
Enthusiast

Angry 7.10 Issues not resolved

Hello,
I am still experiencing an issue with the viewer. My settings are not staying and when I open a new book I have to add the preferences again. The following is happening:
1. I cannot add the scroll bar back to the view page.
2. Settings not remembered even though I selected this in the preferences
3. When I scroll from page to page using my mouse I have to scroll twice to get to the next page.

Can you please help? I only started experiencing these issues when I updated to 7.10.
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no changes in 7.10 related to viewer settings, but feel free to downgrade to a previous release if you think your issues are caused bythe update, link to the older release is present on the download page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hello,
I am still experiencing an issue with the viewer. My settings are not staying and when I open a new book I have to add the preferences again. The following is happening:
1. I cannot add the scroll bar back to the view page.
2. Settings not remembered even though I selected this in the preferences
3. When I scroll from page to page using my mouse I have to scroll twice to get to the next page.

Can you please help? I only started experiencing these issues when I updated to 7.10.
You could try the preview release of the upcoming version. It's 7.10.101.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote