Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I broke my Sage. What should I replace it with?

I've had a Kobo Sage for a couple of years now. Unfortunately the screen's substrate has been broken and I want to get a new ereader. I used the Sage almost exclusively to read text ebooks. Some nonfiction has color plates, so I'm tempted to go for color, in particular the Boox Tab Mini C or the Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3. I hesitate to go for the color because black and white text is most important to me. I do like the Kobo ecosystem because it works so well with Calibre and doesn't need wifi at all, but I hesitate to buy another Sage because I suspect Kobo might come out with a replacement. In the mean time, I'm using my old Aura One.

Any advice?
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 05:33 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Another Sage if you want it now?

No-one knows what Kobo may do next and what price, or when, or if "better".
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
HarryEngineer
Enthusiast
HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.

Device: supernote
Maybe you answered your own question with the wait a few months for a new kobo release.
The Boox seem overpriced.

Or get another sage and support the brand you stuck with originally
HarryEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote