Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-18-2023, 09:20 PM   #1
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
Lightbulb Footnote issue

I'm again having trouble with an epub and footnotes in the middle of the right or left margin, when I click on them, the page turns, the footnote doesn't pop up
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 10:28 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I'm again having trouble with an epub and footnotes in the middle of the right or left margin, when I click on them, the page turns, the footnote doesn't pop up
What are you using to read the epub? KOReader? Plato? Nickel epub, Nickel kepub?

Can you post a screen shot of what those footnotes look like?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 10:20 PM   #3
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

KOReader. Here's the epub, a book from 1922

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v3xbbwxpe...22.2.epub?dl=0
Old 07-20-2023, 11:40 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at it, ADE and Sigil on my PC can go to the link but there is no backlink. On my Kobo using Nickel/RMSDK, I can tap on the link and it goes to the footnote but I need to tap in the middle of the page to bring up the position slider and tap on the location I came from to return. In the quoted bit below notice the forward link which is bolded and the lack of a back link in the footnote itself.

Quote:
<p>For the rest, the whole agave family thrives at Mentone; the <i>ferox</i> is particularly well represented; one misses, among others, that delightful <i>medio-picta</i> variety, of which I have noticed only a few indifferent specimens. [<a href="7631136651209404375_7380-h-6.htm.html#id_1" class="pginternal">1</a>] It is the same with the yuccas;
Quote:
<p><a id="id_1">1.</a> There exists a fine one, but you must go to San Remo to see it.</p>
As to why the links are showing in the right or left margin, unless that is a quirk of KOReader, not sure why it would be happening.

Otherwise, the book is the usual jam everything into too few text files that Gutenberg is so fond of and the CSS is the usual Gutenberg mess. I think one of Sigil's footnote manipulation plugins would be of some help with fixing the backlinks but haven't used them in a couple of years so not certain.

And if some kindly greenie would move these messages to either the epub forum where I think it belongs or to the KOReader forum?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:25 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As to why the links are showing in the right or left margin, unless that is a quirk of KOReader, not sure why it would be happening.
Those links are just part of the inline text in KOReader.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2023, 08:44 PM   #6
serdar0020
Zealot

thank you for your help even though I posted in the wrong thread. I'll go for the pdf book scan next time instead of the Gutenberg epub
Old 07-22-2023, 10:30 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
thank you for your help even though I posted in the wrong thread. I'll go for the pdf book scan next time instead of the Gutenberg epub
PDF scans are ghastly compared to Gutenberg mobi or epub, which can be easily edited/reformated, mostly automatically by an epub conversion.

If I want PDF I'd convert the epub to docx, edit as odt in LO Writer and export a PDF.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote