Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
mauriz
mauriz began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
unable to open ePub

hi,
I have a problem with the ePub files which have been firstly opened with Pages, the ebook reading app on Mac

If i try to read with Calibre an ePub firstly opened with Pages, Calibre opens and nothing happens without error messages.

The ePub firstly opened with Pages are transferred in a specific folder, and renamed with a random alphanuneric string. if i bring the ePub outside the Pages folder and rename it, it's the same, Calibre doesn't open it - without error messages.

any idea or suggestion?
with many thanks
Maurizio
mauriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Pages is a word processing app, not an ebook app.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2022, 07:27 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
opena bug report and attach one of these epub files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:12 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as I recall, on a Mac, the OS tends to unpack the epub .zip container into a directory while calibre's editor is looking for the zip container.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote