Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 04:43 PM   #1
sshaikh
sshaikh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Library Database location vs Library location (nas)

I am trying to move from Windows to Linux (Arch). On Windows, my Calibre database was held on a CIFS mount. I did not know that this was unsupported - it just seemed to work.

On Linux, I am getting "Database locked" errors while trying to set the old location during wizard setup. I understand why (as above, libraries, or specifically their databases, on network drives are unsupported). So I am using
Code:
CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH
as a way to split their locations which appears to be working okay so far.

I noticed in global.py.json that there is a
Code:
database_path
alongside
Code:
library_path
set to my nas location. It seems unused and is pointing to an arbitrary file that doesn't exist. It seems to be a way to set the database path via config, although it appears to be unused right now. Are there any plans to have the database location settable in config?
sshaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, no plans.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert