Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Database locked using WebDav folder on Mac OS X

Hullo,

I'm trying out using a calibre db on a webdav folder instead over sftp mapped drive but no matter what I try, I get a database locked error trying to run calibre with the webdav drive.

Here is the console output: any ideas?

Quote:
===== Sunday, August 3, 2008 2:28:13 PM US/Eastern =====
Couldn't resolve property: linearGradient5167
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 208, in <module>
_run('main.py')
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 135, in _run
execfile(path, globals(), globals())
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 1258, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 1248, in main
main = Main(single_instance, opts)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 196, in __init__
self.library_view.set_database(self.database_path)
File "calibre/gui2/library.pyo", line 505, in set_database
File "calibre/gui2/library.pyo", line 127, in set_database
File "calibre/library/database.pyo", line 791, in __init__
File "calibre/library/database.pyo", line 815, in fget
sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
2008-08-03 14:28:23.496 calibre[2863] calibre Error
2008-08-03 14:28:23.496 calibre[2863] calibre Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

OperationalError: database is locked
I can open and write other files with no problem.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try one of the solutions from here http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How would one take advantage of any of these solutions without changes to the code?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm i though usqlite would be a drop in replacement, but apparently not. Unfortunately, I dont have any experience with sqlite on webdav, so I don't have any insights to offer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru

Maybe i'll take a look at what it would take to implement one of these. I've been making changes to my own build here, so this would be another step in my Python programming.
Advert