Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Nook Simple Touch Barnes & Noble Purchases

When I plug my Nook into Calibre I don't see anything that I've purchased directly on the device from Barnes & Noble. How do I see these with Calibre and make them part of my Calibre library?
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It has been mentioned previously:
Some books loaded direct to device end up in 'Protected" storage. That which is not accessible via the USB port (thus Calibre).

Prefer to download to your PC (app), then hand off the book to Calibre (and maybe do something about the DRM)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

When I go to barnesandnoble.com I don't see a way to download my digital library directly to my computer. Is there a library management software similar to Calibre that will also read my purchased items from my device?
Old 11-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
When I go to barnesandnoble.com I don't see a way to download my digital library directly to my computer. Is there a library management software similar to Calibre that will also read my purchased items from my device?
Welcome to the 'walled garden'. The whole point being to PREVENT you from doing that.
There used to be (might still be. I don't but from B&N) a Nook App for your PC. Once you download to the App, you copy to Calibre
Old 11-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

I actually have the NOOK for PC application on the same computer as Calibre. However, if I use Calibre to attempt to open it I get a DRM warning. Does that mean I can still use Calibre to transfer the book to devices, etc.?
Advert
Old 11-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Fat Glowworm - using your SD card as storage for your BN downloaded and other content on the nook simple touch and nook glowworm
... a quick hack for using your sdcard to store your library without rooting your glowworm or nook simple touch.

In addition to lots more storage, you now also can manage everything on your device using Calibre.
http://nookworks.blogspot.com/2012/0...d-card-as.html
I have never used this.
Google nook study or nook for pc.
As always Google apprentice alf for your dedrm needs.

bernie.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I actually have the NOOK for PC application on the same computer as Calibre. However, if I use Calibre to attempt to open it I get a DRM warning. Does that mean I can still use Calibre to transfer the book to devices, etc.?
You should still be able to use Calibre to store and transfer the books (I say should, because B&N has been messing around with things on their end so I'm not sure if the DRM works exactly like it used to or not). The books are encrypted using your credit card info as a key so make sure you have that info in case the nook asks for it. If you're wanting to remove the DRM check Apprentice Alf's blog.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Yes!
You just can't make changes to the book (eg update metadata)

Apprentice Alf is your friend to help get around that issue
Old 11-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #9
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

Thanks for the Apprentice Alf recommendation! It worked magic!