Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
kobo_sucks
kobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
setup playing up after factory reset, can't progress beyond Connected & Charging

Hi everyone,

Decided to do a factory reset due to a stall. This is my problem:
My Kobo won't go past "Connected and Charging,Visit our website
Keep you eReader plugged in and use a browser to download Kobo Desktop from www.kobosetup.com".

It's not frozen on that, I can factory reset no problem and go through the steps leading all the way up to it. My problem is how do I get beyond:
"Connected and Charging,Visit our website
Keep you eReader plugged in and use a browser to download Kobo Desktop from www.kobosetup.com".

I had already downloaded the Kobo Setup software
months earlier and have forgotten the details of my account,
During this recent incident I never logged in when Kobo desktop program asked me to Continue Setup by logging in. I didn't think it was necessary since I don't buy books from Kobo;I refuse to.

When I eject it reverts back to that Kobo smile & "Welcome
to Kobo"! Set up over Wifi (or) Don't have a Wifi network"

I can actually flick back to all the way to Language choices from the problem page in setup.

I have upgraded the Kobo using the Kobo desktop program.

Any ideas?

Kobo Touch
Kobo desktop software on Win XP SP3
1 USB port
new cable
kobo_sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

can you not setup another account and try that? do you get the setup using wifi? also I noticed in the hacks thread theres a by pass..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171664
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
kobo_sucks
kobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
can you not setup another account and try that? do you get the setup using wifi? also I noticed in the hacks thread theres a by pass..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171664
I could setup another account but rather not as that step gives you the option to bail out and lists what you'll miss out on, none of which I need; but may have to, waiting for responses here first.

I'm not using the device to connect to wifi, It's connected by a new cable to my laptop>wifi router.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
just search the forum and you will find various thread on setting up without registration, one such thread is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215885
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You can use you Kobo reader as a picture frame and hang it on a wall without a Kobo account.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
kobo_sucks

U can really do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
You can use you Kobo reader as a picture frame and hang it on a wall without a Kobo account.
I would never have guessed you could use it for that; can you really?
Maybe Kobo doesn't suck after all?
Old 10-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
kobo_sucks

paola I owe you a pizza !

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
just search the forum and you will find various thread on setting up without registration, one such thread is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215885
Worked like a charm
Where do you want your pizza delivered to ?

(answered successfully)

Last edited by kobo_sucks; 10-26-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: answered given, thread closed
Old 10-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo_sucks View Post
Worked like a charm
Where do you want your pizza delivered to ?

(answered successfully)
glad it worked!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
setup problem, stall