Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 12:41 AM   #1
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Indesign to ePub: Grouping and rasterizing text frames. How?

I'm working in InDesign and I have 3 text frames I want to export to an ePub. The title page. However, I need to group and rasterize them first. Can you advise on how to achieve this?

I have tried grouping the frames first, then in "object export options" I've tried every combination of settings but each time they split up and are placed on a new page.

Is there some way of doing this in Indesign without having to resort to creating that page separately?

Just getting into the murky world of creating eBooks with Indesign. Not something I plan to do all the time but I do want to learn more about it and know the ins and outs of it all.

Thank you very much for any help you may give me here. 🙏
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 05:32 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
eBooks with InDesign don't work well unless you edit them after you've exported as an ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 04:41 AM   #3
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eBooks with InDesign don't work well unless you edit them after you've exported as an ePub.

Thank you! Yes, I totally get that. The code is a big old mess. It's just experimenting really. I did see a youtube video where someone exported the eBook and the text frames on the page stayed together because he said he grouped them, but I can not get it to do the same thing.

Edit:

I did it. My problem is I had highlighted all the frames, dragged them to the articles panel, THEN grouped the frames. The articles panel does not care if you grouped them afterwards, it will only consider what you did before adding to the articles panel. I hope that makes sense.
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well done!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote