Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2024, 11:47 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nickelmenu / nickelckock on Clara BW

In a Reddit post where someone has received a Clara BW, there is an interesting point

See https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/s/0x0AfBlRe3
Quote:
Miscellaneous: a couple of my kobo “hacks” don’t work on the BW yet. Trying to install nickelclock led my BW into a 20+ minute boot loop before it erased itself. Whoops. Nickelmenu doesn’t work yet, either.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
There's one thing I suspect it might be, but if it's any more than that, I'll need a coredump or physical access to a device to play with it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:43 PM   #3
jcotton42
jcotton42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
There's one thing I suspect it might be, but if it's any more than that, I'll need a coredump or physical access to a device to play with it.
I have a Libra Colour coming and am willing to help test/debug.
jcotton42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:36 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Going by posts elsewhere, the person reporting the rebooting issue corrected it by recreating the .tgz file. OTOH, the .adds folder does not seem to be being created when NickelMenu is installed. The person is using MacOS.

Gives me something to do when my Libra Colour arrives.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:37 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It was only Safari's fault, as usual.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:42 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It's likely that the original issue was with Safari being overly 'helpful'. OTOH, once the .tgz was correctly downloaded and installed, the .adds folder was not created.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:35 PM   #7
KomadoriRobin
KomadoriRobin began at the beginning.

So, what’s the status currently? Does it work by adding the .adds folder manually? Also, has anyone tried installing NickelMenu on the Libra Colour yet?
KomadoriRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:53 PM   #8
jcotton42
jcotton42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It sounds like NickelClock at least works correctly https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=158
jcotton42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 03:50 PM   #9
KomadoriRobin
KomadoriRobin began at the beginning.

Update. I've just successfully installed NickelMenu on my Kobo Libra Colour. It created the .adds folder without issue.

I also installed tailscale, which gave an error but still worked.
KomadoriRobin is offline   Reply With Quote