Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 02:58 PM   #166
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I don't think I can do anything about that. It's all up to Nickel how it refreshes elements on the screen.

I've seen reports of other display issues on the latest firmware for the colour devices, so that could potentially be the culprit.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 05:02 PM   #167
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Based on the video reviews I've seen, it seems the LC is much more aggressive with refreshing than the L2, probably because Kaleido has terrible ghosting performance if you don't do full refreshes.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 06:50 PM   #168
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Oddly enough, I was playing with the settings today, and now that I have the battery indicator set to "Both" it is no longer full refreshing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA: I'm not sure any of this is reproducible, but I thought I'd share just in case
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:14 PM   #169
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
It seems random when it occurs. I had it flashing when i first put nickleclock on, but now it doesn't do it. I've made a lot of little changes so can't pin point why it changes. I do know i'm on the latest firmware with my refresh set to each chapter.

PeterT said his was flashing originally as well, not sure if it still is.

Both of us had the clock on the right.

You had it on the left and it flashed and now it's not. Did you reboot or make any other changes besides the config file?
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:22 PM   #170
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I did not reboot. I changed the config file as mentioned and added a book and a font. No other changes

EDIT: I just looked up a word in the dictionary and now it is flashing again. Really random, it seems.

Last edited by 7hir7een; 05-02-2024 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:52 PM   #171
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
It seems random when it occurs. I had it flashing when i first put nickleclock on, but now it doesn't do it. I've made a lot of little changes so can't pin point why it changes. I do know i'm on the latest firmware with my refresh set to each chapter.

PeterT said his was flashing originally as well, not sure if it still is.

Both of us had the clock on the right.

You had it on the left and it flashed and now it's not. Did you reboot or make any other changes besides the config file?
Still flashes; and I caught out of the corner of my eye a flash from the battery indicator when it went 1 percent.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:57 PM   #172
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
Are you reading epub or kepub?

Trying to narrow it down to see if it's an issue in the reader, display firmware, or just random issue.

All the books I read are kepub converted w/ Calibre than sync'd over
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 08:06 PM   #173
7hir7een
Reader of Books

I'm reading a sideloaded epub from calibre
Old 05-03-2024, 12:10 PM   #174
Thalifm
Thalifm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Hey guys,
I am having the same flashing issue, with the clock and the battery. In my case it is everytime a number changes it flashes a black squares.
I tried to move it to different corners but it doesn't work.
My device is a new Kobo Libra Colour and I am reading a sideloaded Kepub from calibre
Thalifm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:29 PM   #175
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just released a new version which fixes the incorrect initial battery level on the new Kobo devices. You can get it here:

https://github.com/shermp/NickelCloc...ses/tag/v0.3.2
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:50 PM   #176
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
Are you reading epub or kepub?

Trying to narrow it down to see if it's an issue in the reader, display firmware, or just random issue.

All the books I read are kepub converted w/ Calibre than sync'd over
Just a little more information here:

It seems that looking a word up in the dictionary will reliably make it start flashing.

It also seems that opening a cbr and exiting will make it stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Just released a new version which fixes the incorrect initial battery level on the new Kobo devices. You can get it here:

https://github.com/shermp/NickelCloc...ses/tag/v0.3.2
Thank you!

Last edited by 7hir7een; 05-04-2024 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:57 PM   #177
Alexia
Bookworm
Alexia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra Colour
I just got my Kobo Libra Colour and noticed the flashing as well. It only flashed my time every minute. It stopped after I restarted it, and it does seem to trigger again if I check anything in the book, but stops if I go to the main screen and back in the book.
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #178
sirgawain
sirgawain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Okay, good to see I'm not crazy about the flashing every minute...
sirgawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #179
sparajoy
sparajoy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Clara Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I don't think I can do anything about that. It's all up to Nickel how it refreshes elements on the screen.

I've seen reports of other display issues on the latest firmware for the colour devices, so that could potentially be the culprit.
I do think it’s something in the firmware - I’ve also seen the flashing happen in the header when I’m using the drag gesture to change my display brightness, randomly. I think there’s something in the firmware that is randomly specifying a full vs partial refresh in the header because of the new (?) way the brightness level displays in the chapter title header.
sparajoy is offline   Reply With Quote