Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 08:57 AM   #226
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
May 1 18:31:59 Kobo-UNCaGED[1222]: 2024/05/01 18:31:59 New: failed to get kobo info: New: unknown device
May 1 18:31:59 Kobo-UNCaGED[1222]: 2024/05/01 18:31:59 New: failed to get kobo info: New: unknown device

Looks like that is exactly what it is. koboutils needs to be updates too it seems
You just need to wait until tomorrow for the new version of calibre that will know about the new Kobo Readers. Kobo Utilities will then know about your Kobo. I don't know if uncaged will work with the updated calibre but I doubt it given @PeterT's recent post in this thread.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-02-2024 at 09:00 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:06 AM   #227
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jon... This is talking about a go package used in UMCaGED and is not related to the python code in calibre.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 10:16 PM   #228
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Yeah, Kobo UNCaGED is way out of date, and I made the unfortunate decision to check the kobo model (for cover info) and don't think I added a fallback for newer models.

I'm trying to decide whether to give KU a complete overhaul (there's plenty of issues with it), or if I come up an alternative way to sync books with calibre, maybe using tags.
Have you tried the kobo sync api with calibre-web? Entire library (or specific shelves) shows up “natively” on the device with covers. For my use it’s perfect. The major thing missing is syncing metadata and cover changes which I was hoping uncaged could fill - it’d be beautiful if both worked together - https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-...bo-Integration
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote