Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-23-2023, 07:59 PM   #1
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
New B&N NOOK app functionality: trends

Received an update for my iOS B&N NOOK app today. It added "trends" which is kind of like how Kindle tracks reading.

I listened to an audiobook during a walk on my mobile device and viola - one day of listening in August showed up.

I then read a little on my GlowLight 4, synced, and checked and didn't see it show a day reading.

I know the Kindle mobile app shows reading streaks based on reading using a Kindle ereader so I'm a little disappointed that kind of cross-functionality isn't seemingly a thing at B&N. I did reach out to support and inquire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3632.PNG
Views:	138
Size:	725.3 KB
ID:	203315   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3633.PNG
Views:	136
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	203316  
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:45 AM   #2
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course badereader cops my image again for their story…
Advert
Old 08-25-2023, 11:30 AM   #3
The_Enobee
The_Enobee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
You'd think they'd be interested enough in the subject matter to test it out themselves
The_Enobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:05 PM   #4
christianbk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Enobee View Post
You'd think they'd be interested enough in the subject matter to test it out themselves
Yeah well. I already called them out on their garbage NOOK coverage, despite now being an official distributor. Unfortunately, without competition, you get this. And no one probably wants to compete in such a niche industry. Ah well!
Old 09-23-2023, 01:35 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
badereader has me banned. can't post over there
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2023, 03:31 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Received an update for my iOS B&N NOOK app today. It added "trends" which is kind of like how Kindle tracks reading.

I listened to an audiobook during a walk on my mobile device and viola - one day of listening in August showed up.

I then read a little on my GlowLight 4, synced, and checked and didn't see it show a day reading.

I know the Kindle mobile app shows reading streaks based on reading using a Kindle ereader so I'm a little disappointed that kind of cross-functionality isn't seemingly a thing at B&N. I did reach out to support and inquire.

Yep. They sure did. I went over there to badereader and checked it out
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote