Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2023, 05:59 PM   #31
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I can’t believe that I am even following this thread. I got upset when I couldn’t liberate Nook books so I stopped buying from them. I have an Oasis which I like a lot, but seeing that flush screen and buttons on both sides is really appealing. Since I can purchase from BN again, I will probably give it a serious look.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:40 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I can’t believe that I am even following this thread. I got upset when I couldn’t liberate Nook books so I stopped buying from them. I have an Oasis which I like a lot, but seeing that flush screen and buttons on both sides is really appealing.
I've found Nooks are more frustrating to think about than to use.

Barnes and Noble has made so many dumb decisions, especially compared to Kindle and Kobo. Those criticisms are completely valid and fair.

Yet, when I'm actually reading on a Nook, it is a very pleasant experience. If a Nook were my only reader, I'd be happy with it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2023, 01:06 PM   #33
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Why do we need multiple threads on the same subject? I was the first person to start a thread on this nook. All these other thread should be merged into that.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:08 PM   #34
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Barnes and Noble has made so many dumb decisions, especially compared to Kindle and Kobo. Those criticisms are completely valid and fair.

Yet, when I'm actually reading on a Nook, it is a very pleasant experience. If a Nook were my only reader, I'd be happy with it.
I really like my pink nook but I really don’t use it that much about most of my books through Amazon but nook was my first e-reader, so I have a nostalgic tie to Barnes & Noble. I just wish Barnes & Noble will even try to make a good reader give us more fonts more options how hard is that?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 04:59 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I just wish Barnes & Noble will even try to make a good reader give us more fonts more options how hard is that?
Just a few quality of life software improvements would bring them up to speed.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2023, 09:35 AM   #36
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

I chuckled when I read that. It is completely true. I keep saying that I am going to stop buying Nooks, but I have been very happy with every one I have purchased.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote