Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-09-2022, 11:42 PM   #1
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Unhappy Nook Glowlight Plus (2015 versión) DIctionaries?

Hi, I got this e-reader a few months ago but I can't find a method to install another dictionary, since I speak Spanish I would love to have a Spanish dictionary installed, but as far as I have searched in the way, there is almost 0 information about this model, I have already rooted it yes, but being honest I don't want to run 3rd party reader like koreader since I love to see static(real) page number
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:23 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
I love to see static(real) page number
Please let me know where I can send the bill for cleaning coffee from my keyboard. You need to supply a warning if you are going to post about "real" page numbers in a reflowable format.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:51 PM   #3
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
First the page numbers. I had a minor "education" about this not long ago when someone said essentially what you have. I have just assumed that the "page numbers" in the stock reader were arbitrary. I was told "not so", that they followed some published "real book" version. Maybe. In any case, I eventually told the person that KoReader can display "real" page numbers (as opposed to screen numbers), but only if the e-publisher includes that information. The "real" page number floats in the right margin.

Now to the dictionary. You may be in luck. Recently someone reposted a Spanish language dictionary for the 2015 Glowlight Plus on XDA after I had tried repeatedly to contact him and request a reup. You can read that post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...light.3554472/

But...I want to caution you about this. My work with making different dictionaries for the NST indicates that it is very important to kill the Reader process before swapping out dictionaries. If you fail to do this, you may "lose" space in /system. It's complicated to explain why, but suffice it to say, if you're using ADB anyway to install the alternate dictionary, the added step is easy. Otherwise, restoring a backup can fix the issue (so make a backup in any case before trying swapping dictionaries).

You can pm me if you want/need additional information.
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:53 PM   #4
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmyshkin View Post
First the page numbers. I had a minor "education" about this not long ago when someone said essentially what you have. I have just assumed that the "page numbers" in the stock reader were arbitrary. I was told "not so", that they followed some published "real book" version. Maybe. In any case, I eventually told the person that KoReader can display "real" page numbers (as opposed to screen numbers), but only if the e-publisher includes that information. The "real" page number floats in the right margin.

Now to the dictionary. You may be in luck. Recently someone reposted a Spanish language dictionary for the 2015 Glowlight Plus on XDA after I had tried repeatedly to contact him and request a reup. You can read that post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...light.3554472/

But...I want to caution you about this. My work with making different dictionaries for the NST indicates that it is very important to kill the Reader process before swapping out dictionaries. If you fail to do this, you may "lose" space in /system. It's complicated to explain why, but suffice it to say, if you're using ADB anyway to install the alternate dictionary, the added step is easy. Otherwise, restoring a backup can fix the issue (so make a backup in any case before trying swapping dictionaries).

You can pm me if you want/need additional information.
Oh thank you! i will pm you because i am a bit lost lol
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote