Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-02-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
spider122
spider122 began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight 3
Can you copy text with the Nook windows app?

I've always used my Nook ereader for personal reading, but now I am taking a class and I am using it for textbooks and having some issues.

If I pull up the Nook windows app, I would like to be able to copy and paste text from it. For example, if I'm using it for computer programming, I would like to copy the program code into a software program to compile and run it.

Is that possible? I don't see anywhere to do that. cntl-c doesn't seem to copy anything. I can copy fine in the ios app so it doesn't seem to be a legal thing. Maybe it's restricted because of copywrite, but I though fair use laws allowed small amounts of text to be used.

If Nook doesn't have this, I was thinking of switching to Kobo, but I didn't see any way to do it in their windows app either. Since the application software is in Windows, I'd like to be able to copy it from my windows machine.

Thanks!
spider122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:56 AM   #2
jsommer73
jsommer73 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have this exact problem too. I tried everything and anything to copy text, but I can't in the windows NOOK app. It appears that they blocked us from doing that, even for personal use. This makes me want to go to Kindle for everything, where I can freely copy text.
jsommer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:45 AM   #3
jsommer73

I found a work around for this. The NOOK app is hopeless. Just ditch it. They made it completely impossible to copy text from. However, they are not as savvy on a browser. Go to https://www.barnesandnoble.com from there login and click on "Hi, [your username] for a drop down menu. Click on digital library. From here you can access your books via a web browser. This is where we do the trick. Go to Google Chrome or Brave. Either one this works. Go to the extension store. Type in "copy text". Anything will work here, but I can say that "Unblock Right Click" extension works like a charm to copy text off of the NOOK Web version. Hopelly this helps someone with using the text for their own personal use. I have looked for about 40 mins. and found the fix. Welcome!
Old 05-30-2022, 02:47 AM   #4
jsommer73

use the NOOK web version and an extension to copy text on the browser.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:48 AM   #5
jsommer73

NOOK web version can be found on the Barnesandnoble.com website. Plenty extensions allow for copying any text through chrome extensions. I use "Unblock right click"