Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
gramms
gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Glo
Thanks Kobo for replacement Aura One!!

Kobe is doing their best to get me a replacement Aura One reader, despite shipping problems (UPS lost my replacement for a week) and my ineptitude. The A1 had 'blue screen' problems and Kobo agreed to replace it.

I inverted 2 digits by mistake in my zip code for the new shipment so it was returned to Kobo. Kobe let me know that they are sending me another replacement. Wow!

I have been using the 'multicolor' eader while waiting for the new one and I really love the warmer screen color and bigger size. I want to spread the word that they are doing their best for customers like me, who make silly mistakes when filling in the blanks on forms.

gramms
gramms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
We often only hear about bad customer service experiences. Thanks for sharing a positive one!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Bad publicity is more 'exciting' for some perversion in our nature, hence the more attention it receives. Well done Kobo. I might buy a new Kobo ereader soon if they carry on looking after their customers.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I am currently waiting for Kobo to replace my beloved Aura H2O, after they determined it has a hardware fault. It's encouraging to see stories like this, and though I'm only partway through the warranty process with them, your experience matches what mine has been so far.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #5
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
It's great to hear a good story about Kobo Customer Service for a change.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
gramms
gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update on my replacement trail. This time I was required to UPS my original reader to Kobo before they will ship my replacement. I shipped it last week and the delivery date to Kobo is next week. After they get it they will ship my reader.

FYI I find that I do need to keep replying to their status emails asking for an update and then they move to the next step. I always give them a few days between update requests and don't send them on weekends. If I don't hear from them when my shipment is delivered, then I will wait a couple of days and send them another request for status.

Fortunately I have an older Kobo reader to use while I am waiting for all of this to play out. I will post another update when I get the new Aura One.

gramms

Last edited by gramms; 04-30-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
gramms

Shiny new replacement arrived yesterday!!

And its perfect! No rainbows or sudden brightness/color changes. This one is a keeper.

Update:
On 4/24 I shipped my faulty one back and got an email on 5/8 that Kobo had received it. I didn't hear from then again, so on 5/15 I emailed customer service for status and they sent me my tracking number for the replacement. It arrived on 5/17.

Suggestion for you folks going through the return process: If you don't hear from Kobo regarding status, wait a few days and then send them a gentle inquiry during a weekday. Include your incident number.

gramms