Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #121
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Thanks, it is working now. It works for me either way. It is your call.
Perhaps fetching the value of a single global is a good use case. I changed the formatter to return the value of the last (and perhaps the only) variable fetched.

Here is a copy of formatter.py with that change.

EDIT: removed attachment now that the files are in the official calibre source.

Last edited by chaley; 12-19-2020 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #122
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Running the new copy I get the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 884, in safe_format
    ans = self.evaluate(fmt, [], kwargs, global_vars)
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 845, in evaluate
    ans = self._eval_program(kwargs.get('$', None), fmt[8:],
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 753, in _eval_program
    tree = self.gpm_parser.program(self, self.funcs, self.lex_scanner.scan(prog))
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 325, in program
    tree = self.expression_list()
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 333, in expression_list
    expr_list.append(self.infix_expr())
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 377, in infix_expr
    left = self.expr()
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 418, in expr
    self.error(_('Unknown function {0}').format(id_))
  File "/home/user/calibre-5.7.2/src/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 168, in error
    raise ValueError(m)
ValueError: Formatter: Unknown function globals near 'globals'
debug: template_output: (TEMPLATE_ERROR:  Formatter: Unknown function globals near 'globals')
Edit: I am perfectly fine with using the first version myself, if the second one is for one reason or another problematic or not optimal, I think we should stick with the first one. I originally misunderstood how this should work, that is why I was not initially able to get to work.

Last edited by capink; 12-17-2020 at 04:18 PM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #123
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, you also need this: calibre.utils.formatter_functions.py.

And no, the second version isn't suboptimal. The issue for me is that the behavior can seem "magic", but sometimes that is what one wants.

EDIT: Removed attachment now that the files are in the official calibre source.

Last edited by chaley; 12-19-2020 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
Old 12-18-2020, 12:00 AM   #124
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
"Show Marked Books" seems to broken again in the newest update. I got this error upon validation:
Code:
Menu entry: Show marked books (plugin_name: Mark Books) cannot be found
I'd marked and unmarked some books earlier in the session.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:27 AM   #125
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Try the new attachment, hopefully it solves the issue.
Yes thank you. That did the trick.

I just have to learn to use it now.

When I was working I was the Guru and main user of a database progtam aimed specifically at auditors. They added a similar feature to "action Chains" called a "stack". I tested it out and found that, when used it would perform each task and end up with the correct number of records on completion. The problem was they were not the records required. Apparently no one else had spotted the problem. The "stack" feature was removed and as far as I know never replaced. Two or three years later I retired.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #126
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Small glitch: The formatting appears a bit strange in the plugin updater.

Attachment 184085
Thanks for reporting this, should be fixed now.

Quote:
"Show Marked Books" seems to broken again in the newest update. I got this error upon validation:
Code:
I'd marked and unmarked some books earlier in the session.
This is strange and I cannot reproduce it. The log even shows that the plugin is getting "Show marked books" and disregarding the number, which is the intended effect after the fix. Try and see if you can get a clear pattern of how to re-produce this.

Last edited by capink; 12-18-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #127
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Yes thank you. That did the trick.

I just have to learn to use it now.

When I was working I was the Guru and main user of a database progtam aimed specifically at auditors. They added a similar feature to "action Chains" called a "stack". I tested it out and found that, when used it would perform each task and end up with the correct number of records on completion. The problem was they were not the records required. Apparently no one else had spotted the problem. The "stack" feature was removed and as far as I know never replaced. Two or three years later I retired.
Hopefully this one produces correct results . Although there are limitations to the plugin that you can read in the opening post.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #128
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Sorry, you also need this: calibre.utils.formatter_functions.py.

And no, the second version isn't suboptimal. The issue for me is that the behavior can seem "magic", but sometimes that is what one wants.
Thank you, it is working properly now. Should make some changes to the plugin today. New version will not be released until a new calibre version with changes you made is released.

1. New action to add to chain variables maybe call it "Chain Variables". Suggestions on a better name are welcome.

2. Conditional execution of actions. Have not settled on how to this yet. It can be done with one template column OR two name/value columns. Leaning towards starting with the former as a test version and see feedback. Still open to the other solution if people don't like the first one, I just think it gives more power to test multiple conditions.

Edit: Maybe a template/template_result pair. e.g "program: current_library_name()"/my_library1. If they match the action runs? same for "program: globals(myvar)"/myvar_val

Will initially call the template on the first selected book.

Last edited by capink; 12-18-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #129
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Code:
The same happens to me.
I easily reproduce it by exiting Calibre and reopening it.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #130
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
New version will not be released until a new calibre version with changes you made is released.
OK, I will submit the changes to Kovid tomorrow. I must write some documentation first.
Quote:
Edit: Maybe a template/template_result pair. e.g "program: current_library_name()"/my_library1. If they match the action runs? same for "program: globals(myvar)"/myvar_val
Using a template to access the dictionary is clever. That gives one mechanism that can do two things: compute new values or access already-computed ones.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #131
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
The same happens to me.
I easily reproduce it by exiting Calibre and reopening it.
Can you copy/paste the contents of you preferences (preferences > Miscellaneous > Open Calibre Configuration Directory > go to plugin folder and open "Action Chains.json")

If you don't want to post the whole thing, post the snippet correlating to that particular action.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #132
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
OK, I will submit the changes to Kovid tomorrow. I must write some documentation first.
Using a template to access the dictionary is clever. That gives one mechanism that can do two things: compute new values or access already-computed ones.
You have been very helpful
Old 12-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #133
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the JSON for my chain:

Code:
      {
        "active": true,
        "chain_settings": {
          "chain_links": [
            {
              "action_name": "Calibre Actions",
              "action_settings": [
                {
                  "display": "Toggle mark for selected books",
                  "path": [
                    "Mark Books",
                    "Toggle mark for selected books"
                  ],
                  "paths_text": "Toggle mark for selected books"
                }
              ],
              "comment": "Mark books"
            },
            {
                {
                  "display": "Clean the selecteds Comments",
                    "Comments Cleaner",
                    "Clean the selecteds Comments"
                  ],
                  "paths_text": "Clean the selecteds Comments"
                }
              ],
              "comment": "Run Comments Cleaner"
            },
            {
              "action_name": "Search And Replace",
              "action_settings": {
                "case_sensitive": true,
                "comma_separated": true,
                "destination_field": "tags",
                "multiple_separator": " ::: ",
                "replace_func": "",
                "replace_mode": "Replace field",
                "replace_with": "",
                "results_count": 999,
                "s_r_dst_ident": "",
                "s_r_error": null,
                "s_r_src_ident": "amazon",
                "s_r_template": "",
                "search_field": "tags",
                "search_for": "@cleanup",
                "search_mode": "Regular expression",
                "starting_from": 1
              },
              "comment": "Remove @cleanup tag"
            },
            {
              "action_name": "Selection Modifier",
                "restriction": {},
                "search": {
                  "opt": "new",
                  "search_text": "publisher:\"=Archive of Our Own\""
                },
                "selection": "chain_modified"
              },
              "comment": "Select AO3 books"
            },
            {
                "case_sensitive": true,
                "destination_field": "identifiers",
                "replace_with": "\\1",
                "s_r_dst_ident": "ao3",
                "s_r_src_ident": "url",
                "search_field": "identifiers",
                "search_for": "https://archiveofourown.org/works/(\\d+)",
              },
              "comment": "Add ao3: identifiers"
            },
            {
                  "search_text": "publisher:\"=FanFiction.net\""
                },
              },
              "comment": "Select FFnet books"
            },
            {
                "case_sensitive": false,
                "replace_with": "\\1",
                "s_r_dst_ident": "ffnet",
                "s_r_src_ident": "url",
                "search_for": "https://www.fanfiction.net/s/(\\d+)/1/",
              },
              "comment": "Add ffnet: identifiers"
            },
            {
                  "search_text": "not #fanficstatus:\"=Anthology\" and  not #fanficstatus:\"=In-Progress\""
                },
              },
              "comment": "Select Completed/Oneshot books"
            },
            {
                "case_sensitive": false,
                "replace_with": "",
                "s_r_dst_ident": "url",
                "s_r_src_ident": "",
                "search_for": "(.*)",
              },
              "comment": "Remove url: identifiers"
            },
            {
                {
                  "display": "Fanfiction",
                    "View Manager",
                    "Fanfiction"
                  ],
                  "paths_text": "Fanfiction"
                }
              ],
              "comment": "Switch to Fanfiction view/VL"
            },
            {
                {
                  "display": "Show marked books",
                    "Mark Books",
                    "Show marked books"
                  ]
                }
              ],
              "comment": "Show marked books"
            }
          ],
          "refresh_gui": true
        },
        "image": "Fanfiction.png",
        "menuText": "Cleanup: Fanfiction",
        "subMenu": ""
      }
    ]
  }
Old 12-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #134
capink
Wizard

Can you please uninstall the plugin, re-download and tell me if it makes a difference? I am still unable to replicate this behavior.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #135
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

1. Reinstall plugin. Restart Calibre.
2. Run it on a fanfic. It works successfully this time.
3. Use "Clear all marked books."
4. Re-add the url: identifier to the test fic.
5. Run it again. This time get the validation error (same as what I posted before).