Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2023, 01:06 PM   #106
shuvashish76
Enthusiast
shuvashish76 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I discussed with Openreads dev on matrix. They're interested in a feature so that users could import database from this plugin to their app.
But I'm not a dev & IDK how it works. Created an issue on their issue tracker for public discussion.

PS: @thiago.eec Request to help if possible. If you don't use GitHub feel free to join their matrix for discussion, thanks.
shuvashish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 01:29 PM   #107
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvashish76 View Post
I discussed with Openreads dev on matrix. They're interested in a feature so that users could import database from this plugin to their app.
But I'm not a dev & IDK how it works. Created an issue on their issue tracker for public discussion.

PS: @thiago.eec Request to help if possible. If you don't use GitHub feel free to join their matrix for discussion, thanks.
The plugin already have a button to export the database.

Also, I think the database structure is quite simple to understand, but I could help with any questions. I'll add this plugin to my github account soon. Just after finishing with the current features I'm working on.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 02:55 PM   #108
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: I installed the lastest version. However, some of my previous books still have duplicate 100% results that can't be deleted. Should I just edit the JSON file?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 03:29 PM   #109
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: I installed the lastest version. However, some of my previous books still have duplicate 100% results that can't be deleted. Should I just edit the JSON file?
The bug that led to the creation of the duplicates has now been fixed. So it won't happen in the future.

Now, you could edit the JSON, but I wouldn't recommend. There is a safer way:

1) Select the books and use the 'Mark selected books' button
2) In the calibre book list, change the 'status date' to a different value
3) Open the 'Edit reading goal' dialog and delete the duplicate
4) Change back the date

In case there is just too many duplicates and you want to use regex directly on the the JSON, just be sure to create a backup before. A malformed JSON can lead to blanking the database.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 09-03-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #110
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I've blanked JSON files before. Thankfully there's only a handful of glitched books so the in-program method will work.

Is it possible to reset the re-read counter too? If not, that's just changing a single number in the JSON, so a bit less risky.
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 04:07 PM   #111
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Is it possible to reset the re-read counter too? If not, that's just changing a single number in the JSON, so a bit less risky.
The rearead counter is updated automatically based on the data, so they will correct themselves once you delete the duplicates.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:59 PM   #112
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm using "Rereading shelf" and I'm trying to add to a goal in previous year (201) a book I've read before (2009), but I'm getting this error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>KeyError</b>:'102'

calibre 6.25 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 4, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 4, 0) && Action Chains (1, 18, 12) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Comments Cleaner (1, 10, 0) && Count Pages (2, 11, 2) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && Edit Columns (0, 1, 0) && Editor Chains (0, 8, 9) && EpubMerge (2, 16, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Ex Libris (1, 1, 20) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Extract ToCs (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && GoodreadsAuthor (0, 0, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Import List (1, 9, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 4, 0) && KFX Input (2, 4, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 10) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 5) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && My Tools (0, 2, 1) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 7) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0) && Owned Books Goodreads (0, 1, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading Goal (1, 0, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && Tanja's Tools (0, 1, 0) && User Category (1, 6, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Vimstyle (0, 0, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 56, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 259, in manage_reading_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 377, in add_to_goal
KeyError: '102'

102 is the book id.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 07:11 PM   #113
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm using "Rereading shelf" and I'm trying to add to a goal in previous year (201) a book I've read before (2009), but I'm getting this error:

KeyError: '102'

102 is the book id.
It is indeed a bug. It's already fixed. I'll release the new version soon.
Meanwhile, you can disable the 'Rereading' shelf and keep adding your books. When the fix is released, you can reactivate it. The database is automatically updated, so you won't lose anything.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:38 PM   #114
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Suggestion, if possible: In statistics, an option to compare entire years in a chart like monthly readings.

It would also be nice if reread books could be listed in a different colour, to make them easier to spot in the list. Ideally this would be optional.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:40 AM   #115
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
It is indeed a bug. It's already fixed. I'll release the new version soon.
Meanwhile, you can disable the 'Rereading' shelf and keep adding your books. When the fix is released, you can reactivate it. The database is automatically updated, so you won't lose anything.
Thank you very much.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:38 AM   #116
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Another question: I've got two libraries with the same columns for the reading goal, but I only want one of the associated to that reading. Every time I mark a book in the library I don't want to have the reading goal, it tells me that it's going to associate the current database to that library. Is there any way to skip this? Or it's only a "phrasing" issue and it will create a new database? (I wouldn't mind but I don't want to associate the current database to this library).
Old 09-04-2023, 05:40 AM   #117
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Suggestion, if possible: In statistics, an option to compare entire years in a chart like monthly readings.
I'll take a look at this.

Quote:
It would also be nice if reread books could be listed in a different colour, to make them easier to spot in the list. Ideally this would be optional.
Ok. I'll add the option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Another question: I've got two libraries with the same columns for the reading goal, but I only want one of the associated to that reading. Every time I mark a book in the library I don't want to have the reading goal, it tells me that it's going to associate the current database to that library. Is there any way to skip this? Or it's only a "phrasing" issue and it will create a new database? (I wouldn't mind but I don't want to associate the current database to this library).
This is a bug. This should be a one time question. I'll fix it.
But since you already did the association with the intended library, this will just create another empty database.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:27 AM   #118
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
This is a bug. This should be a one time question. I'll fix it.
But since you already did the association with the intended library, this will just create another empty database.
Thank you, it's ok for me.
Old 09-04-2023, 11:49 AM   #119
thiago.eec
Guru

Test version

IMPORTANT: Backup your database before installing

New feature:
- Custom challenges
  • Challenges must be set within the current year
  • Only ongoing challenges can have books added/removed
  • The challenge progress is updated when one of its books reaches 100% within the set time frame

Nem option:
- Keep 'Rereading' color for finished books

Bug fixes:
- Fix a regression that caused an error when adding a book already present on another year
- Fix for the library association dialog being shown repeatedly

Information:
Multiple libraries are supported and each library has its own database file, but the custom columns used must always be the same. There is no library specific option for custom columns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom challenges.png
Views:	44
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	203556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom views.png
Views:	39
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	203557  

Last edited by thiago.eec; 09-04-2023 at 02:36 PM. Reason: New test version. See next page.
Old 09-04-2023, 12:52 PM   #120
thiago.eec
Guru

Just found the first bug, myself...

Adding/removing books to the regular goal is broken in this test version. But you can test the custom challenges stuff.

I'll take a look at this later.