Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-09-2023, 08:10 PM   #1156
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre does not KNOW the cover file exists.

The test you ran checks for covers (listed in the DB) that don't exist in reality.
It should have shown up a EXTRA FILES.

Simply move it out of there, then drop it into the MDE or details. That should make it official.

You can also set the LIBRARY (details) cover. by using the MDE: Select the format on the right and click the blue 'cover' icon. (there is a tick box in the Bulk mode of the MDE. just not sure which format becomes the source when more than 1 exists)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 10:22 AM   #1157
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Still not sure about what was happening.

I could see the cover.jpg in the folder, and it showed in the MDE qnd epub

But I did remove it in the MDE and added it again, and now it works
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2023, 05:44 AM   #1158
luciaisacat
Enthusiast
luciaisacat began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hi! I apologize if this topic has been already dealt with. In "QualityCheck/Fix/Swap author FN LN" the result is the introduction/removal of a comma between the author names in inverted order. In some cases, however, the original imported format differs (e.g. when bulk importing books from different collections) and authors are differently listed as FN LN or LS FN without comma. I wonder if it could be possible to introduce the option to just invert the author names without the adding of the comma (e.g. Doe John -> John Doe). Thanks!
luciaisacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 11:58 AM   #1159
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciaisacat View Post
Hi! I apologize if this topic has been already dealt with. In "QualityCheck/Fix/Swap author FN LN" the result is the introduction/removal of a comma between the author names in inverted order. In some cases, however, the original imported format differs (e.g. when bulk importing books from different collections) and authors are differently listed as FN LN or LS FN without comma. I wonder if it could be possible to introduce the option to just invert the author names without the adding of the comma (e.g. Doe John -> John Doe). Thanks!
Fix has 2 Name items
On fixes the initials: There are 4 choices
The other flips whatever the is between Comma and not. AFAIK Ln Fn is not a normal format (at least for English publishers )

Bulk S&R of the MDE might help. something like: NOT TESTED

YOU NEED TO EXCLUDE those that are correct since there is no way to tell just by the letters found.
Bill Brown is good Jane Mary is ??? Boop Betty needs fixing
I don't even know how to automate the detection )

Code:
({\w{2,})\s({\w{2,})
\2 \1
does not find when MI or Mn is included or when 2+ author names present

Finds a word with 2 or more letters separated by a space
Flips them to Fn Ln
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 02:37 PM   #1160
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
I was directed to this thread. I was looking for a plugin that would check whether "UTF-8" was present (so ePubs sent to Amazon would be presented properly in my Kindle). Your plugin was suggested; however, I am unable to locate such a function. If I'm not just overlooking it, might you add this? Many thanks.

Barry
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 04:14 PM   #1161
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One day when your computer is feeling idle, run ModifyEpub with only the UTF-8 option checked on your library. After it completes, delete the orginal_epub files. Remember to backup your library before doing this.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 04:36 PM   #1162
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One day when your computer is feeling idle, run ModifyEpub with only the UTF-8 option checked on your library. After it completes, delete the orginal_epub files. Remember to backup your library before doing this.
My library seems to be correct (regarding the UTF-8 issue). It's the newly acquired books I was concerned about. I can do an "Edit book" to see whether the "UTF-8" is present in the chapters and then use ModifyEpub with the appropriate option selected.

If I were smart enough, I'd figure out an action(?) that would do the above with one press of a button.

[Edit: ...or I could just run ModifyEpub on every newly aquired book and trust that it does the job without issues.]

Thanks,
Barry

Last edited by rumplestiltskin; 11-10-2023 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:43 PM   #1163
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
If I were smart enough, I'd figure out an action(?) that would do the above with one press of a button.

[Edit: ...or I could just run ModifyEpub on every newly acquired book and trust that it does the job without issues.]

Thanks,
Barry
Running ModifyePub to update covers and metadata and to clean up some junk (Adobe xpgt files for example) after downloading metadata and resizing covers is part of my workflow when importing books and I haven't seen any problems so far from the options I use. I think it is safe to use ModifyePub for your purposes.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:51 PM   #1164
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Running ModifyePub to update covers and metadata and to clean up some junk (Adobe xpgt files for example) after downloading metadata and resizing covers is part of my workflow when importing books and I haven't seen any problems so far from the options I use. I think it is safe to use ModifyePub for your purposes.
I guess I was being lazy; thinking that everything should be hunky-dory as it arrives when actually (now that I've taken a few minutes to examine my library since my last post), there are minor errors and omissions that a good librarian should not let stand.

You've convinced me. I have the time and now have the inclination to do so. I'm retired so I have no excuse.

Thanks for your input. Stay safe.

Barry
Old 11-10-2023, 05:13 PM   #1165
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
I guess I was being lazy; thinking that everything should be hunky-dory as it arrives when actually (now that I've taken a few minutes to examine my library since my last post), there are minor errors and omissions that a good librarian should not let stand.
My poor nostrils. I rinsed them with coffee when I read your first sentence.

Pretty much anyone who has hung around MobileRead for a while has read the many comments on how most publishers seem to farm out ebook creation to interns or worse. I won't even get into the indie published books though many of them at least have fewer errors that epubcheck notices so they are well cooked crap.

Quote:
You've convinced me. I have the time and now have the inclination to do so. I'm retired so I have no excuse.
I edit most ebooks before reading them since I am very annoyed by weird line spacing, massive dropcaps, margins, etc. I've automated quite a bit of the process using a collection of saved searches in Sigil (an ePub editor). I haven't made much use of saved searches in the calibre e-book editor but it seems quite similar. I use both editors since they each have some features and capabilities the other lacks.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #1166
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Pretty much anyone who has hung around MobileRead for a while has read the many comments on how most publishers seem to farm out ebook creation to interns or worse. I won't even get into the indie published books though many of them at least have fewer errors that epubcheck notices so they are well cooked crap.
I once bought a book on Kobo, self-published but previously in print.

I'm pretty sure the author (or whoever they hired) just took a copy of the paper book, threw it through OCR, and replaced the copyright notice. There were dozens of OCR errors (i/l, e/a), a handful of leftover page numbers that'd gotten missed, and it was a single HTML page that froze my Kobo for at least 30 seconds to open.

I refunded it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:43 PM   #1167
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quality Check v1.13.8 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._check-v1.13.8

Been holding onto this one for a month, thanks to the translators for their updates. Adds a "Check corrupt zip" feature looking for non-standard zip files.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:20 PM   #1168
fncll
Enthusiast
fncll began at the beginning.

I feel dumb even asking this, because I feel like it used to work fine, but I am attempting to search for words beginning with a specific series of letters and for some reason the last letter in the series is being ignored.

Simple example, I search for:

Quote:
vitre*
And I get results such as:

Quote:
*** Searching for expression: vitre* ***
Matches in book: The Penguin Book of Migration Literature / Dora Ahmad (Editor) & Edwidge Danticat (Foreword)
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...other a de child, Mrs. Savitri Mahase, wanted to name ...
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...ld sheself. Ever since Savitri was a lil girl she like...
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...o change she name from Savitri to Janet but she own fa...
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...er get vex and say how Savitri was his mother name and...
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...gone and change it. So Savitri get she own way once by...
OEBPS/xhtml/45_Shani_Mootoo_Out_on_M.xhtml ...ster and headmistress. Savitri still teaching from de ...
fncll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:53 AM   #1169
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fncll View Post
I feel dumb even asking this, because I feel like it used to work fine, but I am attempting to search for words beginning with a specific series of letters and for some reason the last letter in the series is being ignored.
Don't try to put the asterisk character at the end. The search text is being treated as a regular expression so vitre* is becoming "vitr" followed by "0 or more e characters"
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:14 AM   #1170
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
@fncll As kiwidude said, the search is a regular expression.

For your search, the following text will be better
Code:
vitre\w*
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote