Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-08-2022, 04:07 AM   #1126
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, I'm running into an issue with unsmartened punctuation in some books flagged by Quality Check, always in the nav.xhtml file in each book. When I try to edit any of these books and run 'Smarten punctuation', I get 'No punctuation that could be smartened found'.

Any ideas? Perhaps nav.xhtml should be excluded from this check? Seems like it's somehow a special case.

Thanks.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #1127
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dent0p View Post
Hi, I'm running into an issue with unsmartened punctuation in some books flagged by Quality Check, always in the nav.xhtml file in each book. When I try to edit any of these books and run 'Smarten punctuation', I get 'No punctuation that could be smartened found'.

Any ideas? Perhaps nav.xhtml should be excluded from this check? Seems like it's somehow a special case.

Thanks.
If you PM me a link to one of such books I can take a look. I wouldn't be surprised at all about the calibre book editor having different "rules" about punctuation - it didn't exist when I wrote this plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2022, 05:49 PM   #1128
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quality Check v1.13.2 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._check-v1.13.2

Thanks to w00dent0p for reporting this issue.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #1129
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elPedr0 View Post
Thanks for the reply JSWolf.

Is there any material risk associated with using Modify ePub to set ePubs to UTF-8? Or can I safely apply it to my whole catalog of ePubs - thereby sidestepping the need to identify which ePubs require the modification?
There is no risk at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 01:45 AM   #1130
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._check-v1.13.2

Thanks to w00dent0p for reporting this issue.
Thank you very much. All my previously failing books now pass this check.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #1131
momus
momus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, from version 1.13.1+ I have problem with "Fix ASIN for kindle fire". Last version that works is 1.13.0.

Quote:
calibre, version 6.9.0
Error: Nieznany wyjątek: <b>ValueError</b>:unsupported format character 'k' (0x6b) at index 2

calibre 6.9 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: pl
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 50, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 50, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 1) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 50, 0) && KFX Input (1, 50, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 65, 0) && KFX Output (1, 65, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && LubimyCzytac (2, 2, 28) && Quality Check (1, 13, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.action", line 193, in perform_check
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 44, in perform_check
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 362, in fix_mobi_asin
ValueError: unsupported format character 'k' (0x6b) at index 2
momus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:37 PM   #1132
kiwidude

@momus - looks like a problem by the translator. You are using Polish translations right?
Old 11-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #1133
kiwidude

Quality Check v1.13.3 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._check-v1.13.3

This should fix the Polish translation issue reported by momus
Old 12-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #1134
momus
momus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._check-v1.13.3

This should fix the Polish translation issue reported by momus
Thanks, works like a charm.
momus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:28 AM   #1135
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
When running various checks, one fanfic with a comically long name results in the dialog stretching out and going halfway off the screen. Is this something fixable on QC's end with some truncation, or is it a Calibre thing?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 12:39 PM   #1136
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've found an issue with the Quality Check's search. It doesn't work when I try to search for a.m. or p.m. It does find books that have a.m. or p.m., but it also find a lot of books that don't. I've tried using plain text and regex and it fails. What's needed is an exact text search.

Can this be added in so these searches work properly? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:42 PM   #1137
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SmartEject had to update the default search query after the Calibre update that changed how puncuation works in searching, so could it be something like that?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-15-2023 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #1138
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
SmartEject had to update the default search query after the Calibre update that changed how puncuation works in searching, so could it be something like that?
If that is the reason why QC is now broken, what's the workaround to put in the search for a.m. or p.m.?
Old 03-15-2023, 12:58 PM   #1139
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

does "~a\.m\." work? I got zero results so not sure if failure or not having it.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:07 PM   #1140
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
does "~a\.m\." work? I got zero results so not sure if failure or not having it.
Failed for me as well. I wish this search change in Calibre would be undone.

There are too many people who want a change that causes more problems then it's worth and this is one of them.