Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-26-2022, 07:56 PM   #91
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolo View Post
I have a question that I might just be blind so I don't see it. Is there a way to show values in custom columns in the library view, together with just tags?
if they appear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	196800  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #92
nephtys59
Enthusiast
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Hi, I have a 69.000 books library on cloud that I want to sync with your app. The covers take 12 GB space, I wanted to ask:
1. Where are these covers saved? Internal memory or SD card?
2. Does Calibre Sync compress them to spare space in memory or not?
Thanks!!!
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #93
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
if they appear
If you go to a specific book yes, but I was wondering in the library overview without check each book on their own, if you could select which values to appear.
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:47 PM   #94
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolo View Post
If you go to a specific book yes, but I was wondering in the library overview without check each book on their own, if you could select which values to appear.
Have you tried through filters?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:22 PM   #95
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Have you tried through filters?
Filters work well enough, it's just the way I personally store metadata I use quite a few custom columns I would like to see at a glance for all the books without checking them separately or filtering. I'm aware this is something most probably has no need for and I love the functionality of this as is, just would be a nice bonus.
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #96
tracis035
tracis035 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tablet, samsung phone
These are a couple of "do I want to buy" calibre sync questions - so I cannot check for myself:

#1 - I have been continuing to use companion because of the user-defined custom sort. Does calibre sync have something similar?

For example, I have a 3-level sort:
1. Author (default field)
2. Reading Order (custom field to encompass multiple series and related books)
3. Series (default field sorts series not part of cross-series books in #2)

#2 - In calibre I store the book description in the comments default field. From the app video, calibre sync opens a details-type page, but I do not see anywhere the "book blurb." When deciding what I want to read next having this in companion so far has been ideal. Is this information in calibre sync somewhere not shown in the video?

Thanks in advance to any calibre sync users who can share their knowledge.
tracis035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:57 PM   #97
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
I have already purchased this app and it's generally working for me but I have the same question as the comment right above mine. Is a multilevel custom sort possible? My sort is Author, Series (if present), Title. Although, I may create a reading order column for a couple of series if they bother me enough.
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #98
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardcaptorRLH85 View Post
I have already purchased this app and it's generally working for me but I have the same question as the comment right above mine. Is a multilevel custom sort possible? My sort is Author, Series (if present), Title. Although, I may create a reading order column for a couple of series if they bother me enough.
I've spent a couple of weeks poking at Calibre Sync and I felt that I should alter my post slightly. I'm still looking for a multi-level custom sort like I was able to create in Calibre Companion (the Virtual Library function doesn't seem to work to save a sort structure). However, I have an additional question, is there currently or is there any future plan to add a recently-opened widget? The recently-downloaded one doesn't really do much for those of us who store a full copy of our libraries on our mobile devices.
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 08:49 AM   #99
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
stupid me. according to https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/faqs/#q19 it's STILL one-way sync only. I was confused by changelog

original question.

Looks like CalibreSync now supports syncing back read status/date.
But how it's supposed to work if I use Calibre Sync on 2 devices and Syncthing (which does actual library sync) didn't have time to update metadata.db on other device?
What if Calibre (and Syncthing) itself is running on regular computer while I update read status/date on one of devices?
Could metatada.db ever become corrupted in this case? Could updates to last-read/read status become lost?

Last edited by vikarti; 12-31-2022 at 09:37 AM. Reason: I originally misunderstood how this function works
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:59 PM   #100
Docno
Connoisseur
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
I just downloaded this app, and it looks like it may do what I need. I have my Calibre library on a Windows machine (OneDrive folder), but I read my books as PDFs on an iPad using Documents by Readdle (because of its annotation and search features). I was able to use Calibre Sync to open my full library on my iPad, but what I would like to be able to do is:
1 Click on a PDF in Calibre Sync to open it in Documents (Readdle)
2 Have my annotations saved (synced) in my PDFs in my main library (Windows/OneDrive)
Basically just want to have my particular reading workflow to be as seamless as possible.
Thanks.
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 03:28 AM   #101
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
Is it possible to implement a "Send to Kobo" option too, in addition to Send to Kindle? Thanks.
all that calibre sync "send to kindle" does is open the default email app, and adds the book as an attachment. which you could just as easily do yourself

as there's no way to email stuff onto kobo, i don't see how they could implement anything useful
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:50 AM   #102
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docno View Post
I just downloaded this app, and it looks like it may do what I need. I have my Calibre library on a Windows machine (OneDrive folder), but I read my books as PDFs on an iPad using Documents by Readdle (because of its annotation and search features). I was able to use Calibre Sync to open my full library on my iPad, but what I would like to be able to do is:
1 Click on a PDF in Calibre Sync to open it in Documents (Readdle)
2 Have my annotations saved (synced) in my PDFs in my main library (Windows/OneDrive)
Basically just want to have my particular reading workflow to be as seamless as possible.
Thanks.
1. possible with 2 clicks
2. not possible. Maybe with acrobat and adobe account on both devices but I don’t know.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #103
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I'm trying Calibre Sync for the first time to see if it can replace Calibre Companion for me.

Do I not understand the interface, or is Calibre Wireless Connect(aka Smart Device) mode significantly limited?

I don't see any of my custom columns.

I don't see a way to sort the book list.

I can text search, and I can tap on an author or a tag in a book I already have on screen, but that's about it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:47 PM   #104
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'm trying Calibre Sync for the first time to see if it can replace Calibre Companion for me.

Do I not understand the interface, or is Calibre Wireless Connect(aka Smart Device) mode significantly limited?

I don't see any of my custom columns.

I don't see a way to sort the book list.

I can text search, and I can tap on an author or a tag in a book I already have on screen, but that's about it.
Hey Jimm,

I ran into the same issue you have. I use connect to one-drive for the time being. But what I don't understand is you can clear your filters but not actually set your filters. Which makes me think they are still working on it. Or perhaps that is me being hopeful.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:22 AM   #105
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I’m on iOS connected to my library via WebDAV and all this you mentioned is working fine.
I know this doesn’t help you, but I want you to know it
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync