Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #76
werdnawee
werdnawee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
GOD DAMMIT!!!!

I got the DELAYED email and then this email -

As you requested, your order #137205380 has been canceled.

We look forward to your next visit to http://www.bn.com.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble

Like others have said, I also DID NOT cancel my order

Man, this is bad form and I'm now looking at the discounted and international shipping Kindle.
werdnawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #77
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Nookless

Hi all,

I too, am disappointed by the lack of international Nook sales. (I'm in Australia.) I don't think this will continue though - in the face of competition from Kindle, Sony, and others, it would hurt B & N to stay out of the market too long.

The Nook at the moment offers great value for money, and I think it is worth waiting for.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #78
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Just wondering; In Australia is it a legality that purchases must be honoured after a certain point? Like for instance a product shipped email?
(I also got the email of death )
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #79
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Exactly as I predicted, the shipping date was not realistic.

My order status on B&N.com also says cancelled, though I have yet to receive an email from B&N about it.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #80
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
People ..it's not the end of the world..

I'm in Australia and I got myself a nook that I love, just use a US base shipping agent..
http://www.usunlocked.com/index.php --- this one has supplied nooks all over the world.

I have tried or own a number of ereaders and the nook is the best I have used, so I recommend not to give up.

I also have been able to buy books from B&N without any problems and download them straight to the nook. The Geo restrictions was very easy to work around.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 AM   #81
Silentsafari
Silentsafari began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
MIne shipped 23rd but this morning I get e-mail that they have canceled my order.
Silentsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #82
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentsafari View Post
MIne shipped 23rd but this morning I get e-mail that they have canceled my order.
Do you mean that you already got a shipping confirmation (including the serial number of the nook for registration) first and then they cancelled your order?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #83
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
This all seems surreal ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #84
bot
bot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
They sent me a serial number for my nook, but emailed saying they cancelled. Btw, when you do standard shipping is there tracking? I have a tracking number but i cant seem to find my package (if its sent ).
bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 AM   #85
Silentsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Do you mean that you already got a shipping confirmation (including the serial number of the nook for registration) first and then they cancelled your order?
Yes I got serial number and one year warranty. I have tracking number too. Weird?

In their website/ my account it says only that it's shipped already and how can they cancel it now?

What about you guys? Please tell your experience.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #86
al3ph
al3ph began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
yep same here, got tracking number and serial, and email saying they`d cancelled the order, though oddly the order number listed in the cancel email is wrong, money has been deducted from my credit card as well.
al3ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #87
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
People ..it's not the end of the world..

I'm in Australia and I got myself a nook that I love, just use a US base shipping agent..
http://www.usunlocked.com/index.php --- this one has supplied nooks all over the world.

I have tried or own a number of ereaders and the nook is the best I have used, so I recommend not to give up.

I also have been able to buy books from B&N without any problems and download them straight to the nook. The Geo restrictions was very easy to work around.
Silly question, but is this even legal?
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #88
Silentsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3ph View Post
yep same here, got tracking number and serial, and email saying they`d cancelled the order, though oddly the order number listed in the cancel email is wrong, money has been deducted from my credit card as well.
In e-mail it says like this:

If you received a shipping confirmation email, we have refunded your
original payment method. All other orders were canceled and were not
billed.

So I think that they gonna pay back our money. I hope so!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #89
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
Silly question, but is this even legal?
yes, it is ... it's not the law that is stopping nooks or books being sold around the world, but some company policy.

I am sure B&N would love to sell more nooks and books but if the publishers are telling them they can only sell books in the US they must obey or be cut off.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #90
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Yes I got serial number and one year warranty. I have tracking number too. Weird?
Yes, weird.

Quote:
What about you guys? Please tell your experience.
i haven't received a cancel email yet but i expect they will cancel my order as well...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote