Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #76
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
OK, it clearly isn't a good idea as I don't even know what mnt/system/build.prop is. I'll leave the details to the professionals.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #77
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I'll leave the details to the professionals.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #78
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Patch for the SH20 port:

SH20 port Patch

Wi-fi & hardware buttons included.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #79
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WOW, great

Edit: WLAN works, Market and hardbuttons as well.Would be nice if you could add a file manager to the preinstalled apps.

Last edited by troll05; 11-21-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #80
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
WOW, great

Edit: WLAN works, Market and hardbuttons as well.Would be nice if you could add a file manager to the preinstalled apps.
I am glad everything works at last! I do have a few things to fix (such as the Wifi icon in the notification area.

Right...a file manager... I use Root Explorer here so that is why I forgot about that. I will add Es File Manager, to match the one in the OPDN.
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #81
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Maybe somebody who istalled will make some screenshoots or youtube video, to see SH20 port in work?
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #82
Icewyng
Addict

I wish I could but I do not have any digital camera. I will try to borrow one this weekend.

Still working to get the ROM to go a bit faster. How are things holding up so far?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #83
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frth View Post
Maybe somebody who istalled will make some screenshoots or youtube video, to see SH20 port in work?
I can do that this evening when I get back from work (provided I'm not swamped with tests to mark). I'm just about to flash the patch and see if I can get WiFi while I'm here.

Hmm, it says that I'm connected to WiFi, yet I can't set up an email account or surf the internet. The WiFi availability shows as a small dot, and the network I'm on is usually quite strong. When I go to WiFi options, it shows the network at full strength.

Last edited by citac; 11-22-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: further information
Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #84
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
I wish I could but I do not have any digital camera. I will try to borrow one this weekend.

Still working to get the ROM to go a bit faster. How are things holding up so far?
It seems reasonably fast to me. One thing I was having trouble with was what seems to be increased sensitivity of the screen. I ended up starting an app a couple of times while the IQ was in my handbag. (Or maybe it wasn't screen sensitivity; could be that it woke up those couple of times and the apps started due to other items pressing the screen.)
Old 11-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #85
citac
Fanatic

Oh, a question: is there some kind of a lock screen that we can use?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #86
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Hmm, it says that I'm connected to WiFi, yet I can't set up an email account or surf the internet. The WiFi availability shows as a small dot, and the network I'm on is usually quite strong. When I go to WiFi options, it shows the network at full strength.
The same thing for me. I have WiFi connection but cannot connect any web-site.
I checked Internet connection with Galaxy S phone - it works perfectly.
I tried "Reset to factory settigs" to remove old PocketBook settings - this option simply doesn't work. IQ reboots with all old settings and applications intact.
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #87
troll05
Harmless idiot

I did the factory reset while still on 2.1.1. Now WiFi works fine.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #88
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
I did the factory reset while still on 2.1.1. Now WiFi works fine.
Can you please verify that you can connect to Market and the web ? Although I did a Factory reset and all, have WiFi but cannot connect to the Market nor the web....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #89
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Can you please verify that you can connect to Market and the web ? Although I did a Factory reset and all, have WiFi but cannot connect to the Market nor the web....

Affirm, I write this answer from my PDN IQ

From 2.0.6 upgraded FO 2.1.1, then factory reset , thereafter flashed SH20 and it worked right out of the box.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #90
citac
Fanatic

I did a factory reset after installing 2.1.1 because I'd been having WiFi connection problems and thought that would clear them; I even took the IQ to our IT guy to see if he needed to enter some code or whatever into the device. Everything seemed fine, my device was listed on the server yet I still can't connect. As I don't have WiFi at home, I can't test it now.

(And sorry, no photos I'm afraid; I seem to have misplaced my camera [again!]. )