Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2024, 12:30 PM   #76
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be a very bad idea as you need to be able to open ePub with RMSDK in case it has DRM.
Have the import process check if the ePub is encrypted by Adobe's ADEPT DRM during import and store in the database (does encryption.xml exist would likely be easy enough). If yes, open with RMSDK. If not, open with the WebKit based renderer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 12:52 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have the import process check if the ePub is encrypted by Adobe's ADEPT DRM during import and store in the database (does encryption.xml exist would likely be easy enough). If yes, open with RMSDK. If not, open with the WebKit based renderer.
I'm hoping it will be as easy as it is now for ePub or KePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 12:54 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone have v5 firmware up and running? If so, I'll create a simple small-caps test to find out if RMSDK is a newer version.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:57 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Will Kobo Utilities need a major overhaul for v5?
Old 05-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #80
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Will Kobo Utilities need a major overhaul for v5?
Till somebody who knows a bit about the plugin is able to get a device with v5 fw working and tests it, there is no good educated guess.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 02:04 PM   #81
user105
user105 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2, pw2, sony prs 505
Quote:
Does anyone have v5 firmware up and running? If so, I'll create a simple small-caps test to find out if RMSDK is a newer version.
I have a tolino fw 5 running if that works, but I have this big problem that I can only open files with rmsdk because with default engine it will take minutes to open the file , but I can change render if you would like
user105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:54 PM   #82
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Will Jon like that?
The more important question: will the rest of us find it entertaining?
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:58 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by user105 View Post
I have a tolino fw 5 running if that works, but I have this big problem that I can only open files with rmsdk because with default engine it will take minutes to open the file , but I can change render if you would like
RMSDK is perfect. The purpose is to see if RMSDK in V5 has been updated.

Please try the attached ePub. It's nothing special at all. But if RMSDK was updated, you should see smallcaps in the first two lines. Please let us know what happens. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Smallcaps Test - Unknown Author.epub (101.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-12-2024, 07:23 PM   #84
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
RMSDK is perfect.
Jon, please try to remember that some of us may be drinking while reading on Mobileread and would prefer not to use those beverages as nasal washes. Content warnings would be appreciated.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:28 PM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Jon, please try to remember that some of us may be drinking while reading on Mobileread and would prefer not to use those beverages as nasal washes. Content warnings would be appreciated.
1-800-new-keyboard
Old 05-13-2024, 02:09 AM   #86
user105

Quote:
RMSDK is perfect. The purpose is to see if RMSDK in V5 has been updated.

Please try the attached ePub. It's nothing special at all. But if RMSDK was updated, you should see smallcaps in the first two lines. Please let us know what happens. Thanks.
Good morning!
Running fw 5 on tolino does not support the small caps
Opening the file with default was not successful, after 5 MINUTES of waiting I got impatient and did reset the unit.
With Rmsdk it took 5 SECONDS

Please take a look at those videos for any errors:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtyrllFIkEE7g_wWrvT6NsA2Are-Bg

It’s morning and my cat watched the process
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0239.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	737.3 KB
ID:	208255  
Old 05-13-2024, 06:02 AM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Good morning!
Running fw 5 on tolino does not support the small caps
Opening the file with default was not successful, after 5 MINUTES of waiting I got impatient and did reset the unit.
With Rmsdk it took 5 SECONDS

Please take a look at those videos for any errors:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtyrllFIkEE7g_wWrvT6NsA2Are-Bg

It’s morning and my cat watched the process
Thank you. RMSDK has not been upgraded. That answers that question.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:54 AM   #88
user105

Thank you for for your confirmation, too bad. I think many people were hoping to see an update to rmsdk.

Do you have, if possible, any idea or explanation of how your epub on stock tolino with default renderer is so incredible slow. I mean this is a retail unit that people are paying money for and I would consider it unusable for sideloading
Old 05-13-2024, 08:57 AM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you for for your confirmation, too bad. I think many people were hoping to see an update to rmsdk.

Do you have, if possible, any idea or explanation of how your epub on stock tolino with default renderer is so incredible slow. I mean this is a retail unit that people are paying money for and I would consider it unusable for sideloading
I have no idea how it is slow. There's nothing in the book to make it slow unless it's the hi-res cover.

As for RMSDK, it is a shame that it's the same old version.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:02 AM   #90
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
For what it's worth, Calibre does correctly show smallcaps

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-13 150223.png
Views:	110
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	208256
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote