Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #61
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v0.9.11 to correct the aforementioned truetype_format inheritance snafu .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #62
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
@NiLuJe I have tried v0.9.11, and all works fine now!
I also use truetype, maybe that was the problem!

Last edited by jamalau; 06-23-2021 at 10:40 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #63
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Awesome work!
Is there a way to make it so that NanoClock only shows up in an open book? Or will we have to wait for PicoClock for that?
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #64
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@WormGod: Something to that effect could possibly be cobbled up with the help of NickelDBus, but that's left as an exercise to the reader .

(I would probably *not* try to plug into NDB from within NanoClock, but just write a wrapper that starts/stops NanoClock at the required time. Or even keep it up and just pauses/unpauses the clock).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-29-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:05 PM   #65
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@WormGod: Something to that effect could possibly be cobbled up with the help of NickelDBus, but that's left as an exercise to the reader .

(I would probably *not* try to plug into NDB from within NanoClock, but just write a wrapper that starts/stops NanoClock at the required time. Or even keep it up and just pauses/unpauses the clock).
And here's a little example shell script as to how that could potentially be implemented. I haven't plugged any nanoclock stuff into this...

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Check that qndb is available
command -v qndb >/dev/null 2>&1 || { printf >&2 "'qndb' not installed. Exiting"; exit 1; }

# We need to call ndbCurrentView first
qndb -m ndbCurrentView

while true; do
    new_view=$(qndb -s ndbViewChanged | cut -d " " -f 2)
    if [ "$new_view" = "ReadingView" ]; then
        # Do something useful
        printf "Reading View\n"
    else
        # Also do something useful
        printf "Not Reading View\n"
    fi
done
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 02:01 PM   #66
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
And here's a little example shell script as to how that could potentially be implemented. I haven't plugged any nanoclock stuff into this...
Thanks both of you! I'm not currently using NickelDBus, but I might have to start looking into it.
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:59 PM   #67
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
Hello. I install and is working ok in a h2o.
I have two questions.
1. How I can disable the update every minute? Is possible to update only when I change the page or interact with ebook?.

2. Is possible some options to work only in Nickel? I read too in koreader and I don't need in koreader.
Miniclock for example only works in Nickel and is perfect because koreader have a clock and a bar with the other options like battery and light.

Thank's!

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #68
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albare View Post
1. How I can disable the update every minute? Is possible to update only when I change the page or interact with ebook?.

2. Is possible some options to work only in Nickel? I read too in koreader and I don't need in koreader.
Miniclock for example only works in Nickel and is perfect because koreader have a clock and a bar with the other options like battery and light.
1. Disable autorefresh in the config.

2. Nope, not without hacking something custom.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #69
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks's I don't see the autorefresh parameter!.
I change it with koreader editor and is working ok. (I don't have a computer at this moment)

For the other question I am starting koreader with nickelmenu. Is some command to stop nanoclock that I can run first koreader? I can add one action to stop nanoclock.

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2021, 07:19 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You have a couple of choices:

* Either temporarily toggle the stop setting.
* Temporarily kill & restart the whole thing.

Doing the first part (i.e., disabling nanoclock) is fairly easy via NM no matter which way you do it. But you won't be able to automate the re-enabling part .
Old 08-05-2021, 02:28 AM   #71
albare
Connoisseur

Thanks! The stop setting is working ok.
If edit with koreader clock disappeared instantly.

I need to remember to change again after but is no problem.

I search some command to automate it with nickelmenu.

Thanks again.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Actually, killing it is perfectly viable, as KOReader's nickel startup script forces an udev trigger, which ensures nanoclock boots up again.

i.e., a pkill -TERM -f nanoclock.lua chaining into the KOReader startup in your NM config ought to do it .
Old 08-16-2021, 11:10 PM   #73
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
Here's a minor thing that I noticed. This is on my Forma

format is currently set to: format=[{battery}] %l:%M%p
row: 0, offset_(x/y): 0

Battery Min is 0, max is 100 (IE: show battery always)

When changing pages, the battery disappears for half a second or so then redisplays again while clock doesn't redraw.

For example:
{turn page}
shows:
" 11:00PM"
refreshes with:
"[90%] 11:00PM"

The clock doesn't shift BTW, there's space there for the battery

Debug log for 3 page turns, menu to dump log

Code:
Aug 16 22:59:57 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 22:59:57 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 541)
Aug 16 22:59:57 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 541 vs. clock marker: 541 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:00 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:00 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 542)
Aug 16 23:00:00 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 542 vs. clock marker: 542 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:01 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:01 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 543)
Aug 16 23:00:01 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 543 vs. clock marker: 543 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:02 nanoclock[485]: [clock] Updated clock (marker: 544)
Aug 16 23:00:02 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 544 vs. clock marker: 544 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:03 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:03 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 545)
Aug 16 23:00:03 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 545 vs. clock marker: 545 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:09 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:09 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 546)
Aug 16 23:00:09 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 546 vs. clock marker: 546 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:10 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 375x72+28+78 does not intersect with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 1440x1920+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 547)
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 547 vs. clock marker: 547 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: Requesting clock update: damage rectangle 100x30+0+0 intersects with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: [damage] Updated clock (marker: 548)
Aug 16 23:00:11 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 548 vs. clock marker: 548 (found: true)
Aug 16 23:00:12 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 288x139+1152+1781 does not intersect with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:12 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 470x239+970+1543 does not intersect with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:12 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 288x138+1152+1782 does not intersect with the clock's 242x42+0+0
Aug 16 23:00:13 nanoclock[485]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 470x239+970+1543 does not intersect with the clock's 242x42+0+0
I'm guessing it's something to with row 0 or the positioning seeing how it's only those left 5 chars but thought I'd mention it

(minor enough I'm just now getting a second to pull logs and mention it)

EDIT: Adjusting Col didn't resolve it (actually, didn't seem to do anything at all but still looking at that) but what I did notice is this flashing ONLY occurs when it's rotated so the buttons are on the left. If I flip it over so the buttons are on the right, it shows the battery correctly the first time.

Last edited by desterly; 08-16-2021 at 11:27 PM.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:18 PM   #74
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@desterly: Hard to tell what's a page turn and what isn't, given that everything happens in the space of 10s ;o).

Anyway, I was inclined to say that it's probably just an eInk quirk, and your EDIT about rotation being involved only furthers that impression .

I'll see if I can reproduce anything locally when I'm testing the Elipsa support later this week .
Old 08-18-2021, 02:37 AM   #75
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello, Nanoclock dosen´t toggle to Invert Screen, with new Firmware 4.28.220 on my Forma!
There is a new methode to switch in Nightmode! It call it Dark-Mode.
Is it possible to fix this issue?

Last edited by jamalau; 08-18-2021 at 03:12 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock