Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What color should the bezels of an ereader be?
Black 71 56.80%
Gray 17 13.60%
White 27 21.60%
Gold 3 2.40%
Silver 3 2.40%
Yellow 2 1.60%
Orange 4 3.20%
Red 8 6.40%
Green 6 4.80%
Blue 11 8.80%
Pink 3 2.40%
Purple 5 4.00%
Beige 2 1.60%
Multicolored 7 5.60%
Something else 1 0.80%
I don't care 23 18.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2023, 08:36 PM   #46
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
When I was shopping for my first ereader I saw a white one in a store and thought it looked OK but I didn't buy it because I figured it would get visibly dirty too easily.

Most of my ereaders have had black bezels and that's been fine with me. My Sony PRS-T3 was red (because that was the color I could get) and I found the slightly shiny red bezel annoying.

I think either black or white would be best because those colors are on the screen (black text, white background) and having a bezel in a different color is distracting to me.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 08:31 PM   #47
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I think color doesn't matter so much as not having the bezels be shiny.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 09:30 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
No love for yellow or beige?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 11:24 AM   #49
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I voted for black, if I want a different color, I would simply buy a different color case for it. As it is, I get black devices and cover them with a black cover.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #50
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I could tolerate any color that isn't pink.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2023, 01:24 PM   #51
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I could tolerate any color that isn't pink.
International Orange?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 01:35 PM   #52
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
The future's bright!
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 05:07 PM   #53
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That goes back a bit!
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:14 PM   #54
FrenchBookworm
FrenchBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle 2022
I love my denim blue basic Kindle (actually I bought it because it was blue, otherwise I would have bought a Paperwhite). I also like the elegant gray of my Oasis.

If a red model was released I would buy one in a heartbeat but I'm also contemplating buying a white Kobo Libra 2 (also because I like buttons). The Bookeen Diva HD was also very cute in white, but I beleive the company has had problems (bought by Pocketbook ?) and the model has been discontinued I believe.

The blue and agave Paperwhites are not available on amazon.fr but I might obtain one on their UK website.
FrenchBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:08 AM   #55
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
You mean color of device not just the bezel? for it will be weird if only the bezel was a different color. I would like a white kindle Scribe or white Kobo Elipsa. I find white to be a nice clean sharp color. I have the white and pink nook and the white brightens the screen up I feel. but since the Scribe is metal and not plastic perhaps champagne color like the oasis will be good.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:19 AM   #56
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
My Kindle Paperwhite is agave green which is very beautiful and I do like this kind of color scheme.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:38 AM   #57
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
My Kindle Paperwhite is agave green which is very beautiful and I do like this kind of color scheme.
Are the bezels also green? Or only the back?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:13 AM   #58
FrenchBookworm
FrenchBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle 2022
It's only the back unfortunately.
FrenchBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:21 PM   #59
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
For a few years my main reader was a B&N Glow3, the one with white faux "diamond steel plate" patterned bezel. It didn't annoy me.

Off-hand, I'd always pick black. I'd like to know if there is a correlation between button/no button preference vs color. My main squeeze has just shifted from Onyx Poke3 to Poke5. That has a very small bezel (and no buttons) and I love it.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:42 PM   #60
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Off-hand, I'd always pick black. I'd like to know if there is a correlation between button/no button preference vs color. My main squeeze has just shifted from Onyx Poke3 to Poke5. That has a very small bezel (and no buttons) and I love it.
I don't think so. I'd always choose black as well, but buttons are a must-have for me.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote