Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-31-2016, 06:35 AM   #46
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try. In Sibelius, Export/Graphics/SVG. Add the resulting SVG files to the Images folder in a new Sigil document. Create sufficient blank pages, Insert a SVG file into the Body area of each (working in Code View, of course). Put in enough metadata (Title, language..) to keep the validators happy. Add a Cover.

See if the result works in ADE. Drop it into Kindle Previewer and see how the conversion pans out.

There's more.... You've still got the fonts issue to sort out (even if some of the formats display OK on YOUR computer, which has the Sibelius fonts installed). But start learning!

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 03-31-2016 at 06:59 AM.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:13 AM   #47
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Hmm, 2014 is ages ago when you look at the Sigil version. I am curious how you splitted in Sigil. My guess in Bookview inside the SVG, otherwise I could not explain it.

I never had any issues with SVG in Sigil.

I just tried again with 0.8.6, 2015 release. I confirm that Sigil destroy the SVG code when you split a file with SVG inside. Oblivious I work only in code view and oblivious I do not split a file inside a SVG...
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2016, 08:13 AM   #48
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I just tried again with 0.8.6, 2015 release. I confirm that Sigil destroy the SVG code when you split a file with SVG inside. Oblivious I work only in code view and oblivious I do not split a file inside a SVG...
Can you please post a test file with a split marker already inserted?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #49
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml tommaso.xml (9.1 KB, 251 views)
Old 03-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #50
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think we'll need a complete epub archive in order to make any sense of your problem.
Advert
Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #51
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I think we'll need a complete epub archive in order to make any sense of your problem.
Actually, the file is sufficient. Just add it to a new epub, select Edit > Split at Markers and you'll see that the text in SVG image has disappeared.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #52
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
See if the result works in ADE. Drop it into Kindle Previewer and see how the conversion pans out.

There's more.... You've still got the fonts issue to sort out (even if some of the formats display OK on YOUR computer, which has the Sibelius fonts installed). But start learning!
kf8 and mobi support SVG. For the font problem, he can transform all in path before insert the SVG in ePub/mobi
Old 03-31-2016, 09:37 AM   #53
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Actually, the file is sufficient. Just add it to a new epub, select Edit > Split at Markers and you'll see that the text in SVG image has disappeared.
I usually split the ePub and after, using Oxygen, I cut&paste the correct SVG code. Actually I use Sigil *only* for splitting, but it has too many problems to be used in a professional way. Before or late I'll write a code to stay away from Sigil.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:43 AM   #54
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And of course never report them. If you actually report bugs on Sigil's github site (official releases) or even inside an actual Sigil thread, in the Sigil forum we can normally address them before the next release.

KevinH

ps: After importing tommaso.xhtml into a blank epub and running flightcrew to verify it before splitting to rule out any irregularities ... I get the following:

Error schema not satisfied : attribute 'contentscripttype' is not declared for element 'svg' near column 345

Error schema not satisfied : attribute 'contentstyletype' is not declared for element 'svg' near column 345

Error schema not satisfied : element 'text' is not allowed for content model '(SVG.Description.class|SVG.Animation.class|SVG.Te xtContent.class|SVG.Hyperlink.class)' near column 85

Not sure if these are real errors or not but they certainly do not fit the schema defined for svg in epub2.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-31-2016 at 09:52 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #55
exaltedwombat
Guru

Quote:
kf8 and mobi support SVG. For the font problem, he can transform all in path before insert the SVG in ePub/mobi
I have experience of EPUBs including SVG graphics (except, maybe, just one as a cover image), then converted in Kindle Previewer and uploaded to the Amazon Kindle Store, losing content. Not just on certain readers, but in the preview seen by potential buyers on Amazon. So I don't put SVG pictures in books that will be sold on Kindle. Has something changed that would now allow me to? It would be very useful. No point in suggesting EPUB4 until the market has caught up.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:53 AM   #56
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
And of course never report them. If you actually report bugs on Sigil's github site (official releases) or even inside an actual Sigil thread, in the Sigil forum we can normally address them before the next release.

KevinH
I often report bugs. I reported for Calibre, for neooffice/openoffice. For Ibooks and Kobo and Gitden reader and Oxygen and many many other. A lot of bugs in bugzilla and other. I can not report all, often I have no time to report all the problems I found. About Sigil and me there is a more big problem above all: Sigil changes code I wrote without inform me where and why. Even when all is good, Sigil adds id values, metadata in package and there is not a log of all the changes it made. This is not a reliable way to work for me, I mean: the way I use to work.
So, it is true, I usually do not open bug issues for Sigil, because the way it work is so far away from me.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #57
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
I have experience of EPUBs including SVG graphics (except, maybe, just one as a cover image), then converted in Kindle Previewer and uploaded to the Amazon Kindle Store, losing content. Not just on certain readers, but in the preview seen by potential buyers on Amazon. So I don't put SVG pictures in books that will be sold on Kindle. Has something changed that would now allow me to? It would be very useful. No point in suggesting EPUB4 until the market has caught up.
I used SVG in mobi and they works. Oblivious there is no support for "interactive" things of SVG, like xlink or animation (but animation could not be used in ePub too).
Old 03-31-2016, 10:03 AM   #58
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Not sure if these are real errors or not but they certainly do not fit the schema defined for svg in epub2.
Yes, my fault, I make a copy & paste from the PDF version. If you like I could attach the ePub version, but there are only cosmetic differences.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #59
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
I often report bugs. I reported for Calibre, for neooffice/openoffice. For Ibooks and Kobo and Gitden reader and Oxygen and many many other. A lot of bugs in bugzilla and other. I can not report all, often I have no time to report all the problems I found. About Sigil and me there is a more big problem above all: Sigil changes code I wrote without inform me where and why. Even when all is good, Sigil adds id values, metadata in package and there is not a log of all the changes it made. This is not a reliable way to work for me, I mean: the way I use to work.
So, it is true, I usually do not open bug issues for Sigil, because the way it work is so far away from me.
It sounds like you would prefer calibre's Editor -- it doesn't change anything for you, except when you use the available tools for automated actions.
It also includes a checkpointing feature -- with automatic checkpoints every time a global change is made.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #60
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It sounds like you would prefer calibre's Editor.
Actually I use Oxygen and I feel fine with it, thank you.