Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #436
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
PB said it was working also and to do a factory reset if the problem persisted and then get back to them.

I did some experimenting and found that it does work after all and the "sweet spot" appears (for my unit) to be around two seconds. Any less and the book opens...any longer and the book opens.

I do not recall 5.11 and it ancestors being quite so sensitive regarding this issue.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #437
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
I installed the new version on my wife's Inkpad, and saw that I can sort and search by filename now. Just installed it on my own Inkpad too, and will give it a try. Just have to install the new CR3, as that is the one reader I like.

Last edited by joepie; 11-04-2016 at 12:30 PM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #438
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Can anyone tell me where (what folder) the "Collection" titles I set up are located in the system files? I cannot seem to find them. As the "long push" feature on my unit with 5.15 has gotten so squirrely in trying to bring up the dropdown menu, I would like to manually copy the book titles to the appropriate folders using my desktop computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #439
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
PB said it was working also and to do a factory reset if the problem persisted and then get back to them.

I did some experimenting and found that it does work after all and the "sweet spot" appears (for my unit) to be around two seconds. Any less and the book opens...any longer and the book opens.

I do not recall 5.11 and it ancestors being quite so sensitive regarding this issue.
Just did a factory reset to no avail: long press is still mis-detected as short press.
I went to PB website to download the update file and re-updated my device (thinking maybe something went silently wrong during the over-the-air update): result is still the same.

I think we can safely assume that firmware 5.15 introduced the "long press mis-detection" issue.
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #440
p38lightning
Zealot

Yes, even my two second "sweet spot" is grossly inconsistent!

The issue is definitely in 5.15's coding (as this was a non-issue with the preceding versions) and hopefully PB will resolve it soonish with an update.
Advert
Old 11-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #441
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Confirming the following issue with 5.15:

"I noticed one bug that was introduced with the update though, at least on my device: when long pressing the screen (to get a contextual menu/action), the long press is sometimes recognized as a single/short press. Never had that behavior before."

Long press on title covers on home page or in library no longer bring up drop down menus.

PS: 11/3...

Sent an email to Pocketbook CS regarding this issue. Will place info here when they reply.
No Such problem with my inkpad2.
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #442
jluc31
jluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejluc31 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: pocketbook inkpad
The same for me on InkPad with 5.15 FW : Long press opens the contextual menu with Open or Delete features on the home page.
jluc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #443
p38lightning
Zealot

Yes, with 5.15, the long press does what it is supposed to with one caveat...

For some of us it is no longer consistent and/or dependable in that it now "works" more along the lines of "Russian Roulette". it is no longer functioning, for some of us, as consistently as it did in the past with previous versions.

I would use the term "whimsical" as to how consistently it works with my original 840.

It appears to be a very real mystery!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #444
davide445
davide445 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 2, Amazon Kindle DX Graphite
840 sold as InkPad 2

Hi to all, I received today what was sold to me as PB InkPad 2.
Looking at system information he state is a PocketBook 840, the same is written on the back cover.
There are really differences btw the two one and I need to ask for refund/substitution?

There are any external visible difference? I.e. looking at the manual (for InkPad 2) the charging appear to be done using a microUSB slot in the reader bottom center, where in my model the port it's in the upper right corner. This might be a difference?
davide445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #445
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Hi, I think the most visible difference are buttons. On ink apd 2 they are sort of cut out and independent on inkpad pocketbook 840 they are only little points raised from the surface.
Also light adjustment is on old by moving finger on frame above the screen on new one in menu.

For the button difference look at attached images
Look at third image for more details comparison.

Detail review in german (use google translator works pretty well)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	840.png
Views:	308
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	153157   Click image for larger version

Name:	inkpad2.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	153158   Click image for larger version

Name:	inkpad-2-1-knoepfe.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	153159  

Last edited by richo; 11-22-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added comparison image
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #446
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
I think the Inkpad 2 has slightly better technical specs, but it misses the bar at the top of the screen to regulate the backlight. I love that bar, and I can still switch the backlight when all lights are out.

I wouldn't swap my current Inkpad for an Inkpad 2, even if someone gave me an extra 100 euros to go with it.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #447
davide445
davide445 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 2, Amazon Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Hi, I think the most visible difference are buttons. On ink apd 2 they are sort of cut out and independent on inkpad pocketbook 840 they are only little points raised from the surface.
Also light adjustment is on old by moving finger on frame above the screen on new one in menu.

For the button difference look at attached images
Look at third image for more details comparison.

Detail review in german (use google translator works pretty well)
Looking at these images appear I got the InkPad 2 after all, the buttons are cut out.
Pretty strange the software and back cover told me I have the 840. In the image of the back in the german review there is also written 840, I suppose they share the same parts and they didn't change the printing just for the InkPad 2. But the software is also the very same? Cannot be since a light control slider was added. Also here probably they didn't just change the name displayed.
Just to know InkPad 1 = 840 or there is any difference also btw these two?

Last edited by davide445; 11-22-2016 at 11:04 AM.
davide445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #448
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
"Pocketbook Inkpad 1" = "Pocketbook 840" indeed.
All Pocketbook devices seem to have this dual naming thing where the same product would be referenced either by its number (840) or its name (Inkpad).

Following the same scheme, "Pocketbook Inkpad 2" = "Pocketbook 840-2" according to the firmware release notes of the device.

Last edited by ask; 11-22-2016 at 02:45 PM.
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:28 AM   #449
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Official article number for InkPad 2 is:

Artikel-Nr.: PB840-2-M-WW
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:51 PM   #450
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There needs to be an Inkpad 3 with a Carta screen. Pearl the reason the text in the attachment showing both the 1 & 2 side by side both show grey text.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote