Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #31
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I like my Industriell. Over on the Kindle board, there's an guide to removing the Kindle clip from one of the cheap covers that has one, and adding it to the leather cover from a daybook/diary. I don't mind the nondescript Industriell cover, so I don't think I'll be making a $100+ leather cover, but I thought about it.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #32
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I like the simple Industriell cover as it make the nook look like my journal. I used to carry a journal when I hiked, camped and rock climbed. The Industriell cover looks almost identical to the cover of my old journal and I like how it evokes those memories. Additionally I like the plain look as I carry my nook everywhere and the cover is to protect the nook, not something to be protected itself.
-Duncan
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #33
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I'm biting the bullet and getting an Oberon cover this weekend. Probably the Davinci pattern - maybe the forest pattern...
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #34
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
I wonder if a home made cover could be made from the original packaging? The clip part can be easily removed. It would need a hole cut to allow access to the USB and the power button.

I have the Industriell as well, so it is more of an academic question for me.
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #35
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamudc View Post
I have the m-edge executive cover for the nook and love it. The cover looks nice and is very sturdy. I also like the fact that the m-edge e-luminator light can be stored in the case, so you always have a book light available.
Hmm.. wonder if it is just the one I got then. I purchased the m-edge executive at the same time as my nook. I find that it does not seat well into the bottom leather holders, which appear to be just slightly too small to hold the nook securely. Although the top elastic bands keep it snug. I'm still going to return it and look for a different case.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #36
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I'm biting the bullet and getting an Oberon cover this weekend. Probably the Davinci pattern - maybe the forest pattern...
I couldn't shell out the cash for the Oberon. They look great, but I went for the Industriell cover. I was looking at another model from B&N, but the "pocket" that seats the nook interfered with my swipe to turn the page.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #37
cat54
cat54 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
need recomendations

I love my javoedge.

It is thick, padded and holds my nook in tightly. Also, it transforms to an easel for reading without holding, on my night table or desk. It comes in different styles and covers, for $29.99

www.javoedge.com

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...99&pbmId=18212
cat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #38
cogcafe
cogcafe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I made my own cover for about $15. Went to an Office Depot/ Staples type store and found a notepad holder slightly larger than the nook. I wanted the edges to protect the Nook incase I dropped it.

It had a business card holder, that was a little bulky, on the inside so I carefully cut the threads holding it on and removed it. Two strips of industrial quality velcro on the back of the Nook holds it in place.

The cover I selected has all kinds of pockets so I slipped an eyeglass microfiber cloth in one side so that when I flip the cover closed it pads the screens. As a bonus it also helps to keep the screens clean.

There is a loop that holds a pen. There are still enough pockets for a few business cards and some paper.

I took it to my local B&N and the demonstrators all want one for themselves.
cogcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogcafe View Post
I made my own cover for about $15. Went to an Office Depot/ Staples type store and found a notepad holder slightly larger than the nook. I wanted the edges to protect the Nook incase I dropped it.

It had a business card holder, that was a little bulky, on the inside so I carefully cut the threads holding it on and removed it. Two strips of industrial quality velcro on the back of the Nook holds it in place.

The cover I selected has all kinds of pockets so I slipped an eyeglass microfiber cloth in one side so that when I flip the cover closed it pads the screens. As a bonus it also helps to keep the screens clean.

There is a loop that holds a pen. There are still enough pockets for a few business cards and some paper.

I took it to my local B&N and the demonstrators all want one for themselves.
Can you post a pic of this?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #40
cogcafe
cogcafe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook

This is a stock image before modification. The Nook fits nicely into the space where the notepad is. Of course with the notepad removed. The pocket I removed is in the upper left side. I will try to post a picture(s) of the mods in the near future.
cogcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #41
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogcafe View Post

This is a stock image before modification. The Nook fits nicely into the space where the notepad is. Of course with the notepad removed. The pocket I removed is in the upper left side. I will try to post a picture(s) of the mods in the near future.
Pretty snazzy. Can't wait to see the mod. Very cool.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #42
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
I love my Industriell cover, got it for $29.95. It notches into your Nook so you don't have those bands around the corners. It's comfortable to hold and will easily fold back completely to read. The inside is a nice dark gray shade so I don't have to worry about getting it dirty like with some of the lighter covers.
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=30253
I too am a fan of this cover, but with one critical caveat: there's a *MAGNET* in the front?!?!?!?

Why? There's no clasp on the cover itself, and the Nook (1 at least) has no magnetic switch for shutoff. Now I'm not at all happy about tossing the Nook in with my laptop (at least the ones with magnetic hard drives!).

The local B&N folks were unaware of the magnet (until I demonstrated it) and could not provide any explanation for its presence.... anyone here know?

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #43
Rich_D
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I too am a fan of this cover, but with one critical caveat: there's a *MAGNET* in the front?!?!?!?

Why? There's no clasp on the cover itself, and the Nook (1 at least) has no magnetic switch for shutoff. Now I'm not at all happy about tossing the Nook in with my laptop (at least the ones with magnetic hard drives!).

The local B&N folks were unaware of the magnet (until I demonstrated it) and could not provide any explanation for its presence.... anyone here know?

Richard
The industriell cover comes in a top folding "easel" model that lets you stand your nook on a desk. The magnet is used in that model, with a clasp to hold the easel open.

I don't think it's powerful enough to affect your drives.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #44
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I use this one

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Ches...?cds2Pid=30253

I like it alot, nice feel and grip to it. very soft and the front cover folds back.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #45
Rich_D
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I use this one

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Ches...?cds2Pid=30253

I like it alot, nice feel and grip to it. very soft and the front cover folds back.
I got that one as a gift and returned it. I don't like the cradle at the bottom that holds the nook. When I turn pages, I swipe diagonally across the lower right corner and that cradle interfered with the motion. I did like the feel of it though.