Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Which thread? Let me know and I'll put these two posts in the OP for future reference.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...twork-t3098953
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:41 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks. Check out the OP and let me know if you like the way I presented it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks good Monkey. I will just be using mine on Verizon's reseller Straight Talk so all I got do is put in the SIM and turn on the phone but I read all 76 pages of that thread to make sure I didn't skip a step.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How does the sound of the Moto E compare with the LG Volt and Nokia 520?
Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Looks good Monkey. I will just be using mine on Verizon's reseller Straight Talk so all I got do is put in the SIM and turn on the phone but I read all 76 pages of that thread to make sure I didn't skip a step.
Thanks; and super thanks for reading that thread. Something I didn't want to do.
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I only read the first page....should have read them all!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:49 AM   #37
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I got part of my Best Buy order yesterday, but still waiting on the phone.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:06 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Mine will be here today but my sim won't be here till the end of the week.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #39
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
UPS got here at 9 last night. Wow, those guys are working late this year! My son opened his and set it up, but I was tired and will open it today.
Does everyone agree that Smart Audiobook is the best player for audio books on Android still? If so I'll grab it later today since that is what I will be mainly using this for. Can't beat the price!!
Also, we switched over to Republic Wireless for our cell phones last year. If you mainly are around wi-fi to use data the cost can't be beat. I use it to make calls when I'm out and about, but honestly I just don't use that much data when I'm out shopping. You would have to check and see if you have coverage in your area, I know some areas out west are very spotty. But, my bill is around $13 a month. It does all I need and I can't beat the price!
S
Oh, I think they put the phones in such big packaging to deter theft. The bigger it is the harder to steal. Sad it has to be that way.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How does the sound of the Moto E compare with the LG Volt and Nokia 520?
With or without ear buds?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #41
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
With or without ear buds?
Tell us about both, if you would. And how about opinions straight up, without comparing to any other phone? Just "what do you think of the audio" with or without ear buds?

IE Any info you've got!

PS What about Audible books - I do like their own app. I imagine that comes from the audible.com site somewhere? My phone isn't here yet, so I haven't looked for the app yet.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

My phones are here! Gave the mail lady a Christmas card with a little something in it for her to get a Starbucks. She climbs those horrible steps every time. Always grumpy but it was worth it to see her actually smile. Now I'm waiting on my Sims. It says today but they don't even show up as picked up from carrier.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #43
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine arrived today along with a second big box for just my USB Cruzer and micro SDHC card

Had to laugh as the label said "stBuy" (the printer cut off the first few characters of their name and address).

So we're just putting them in airplane mode for now if we don't want the actual phone part?
Old 12-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #44
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

So we're just putting them in airplane mode for now if we don't want the actual phone part?
But I hope we learn a better technique before long, unless audible books can be sideloaded into an audible app. I'd like to use wifi to get a minimal few games and at least the Audible app & books. I think. Unless there are better ways to get them! (Teach me, oh gurus!)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #45
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

So what app do you use to listen to music?

I haven't listened to music at all on my Samsung Edge. And my Sony had the Walkman app pre-installed so I just used that. Even though I've had android phones for a few years now, I'm not familiar with any of the other music apps.