Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Personally, I do prefer [1] for the endnote link then a superscript * or number as the superscript is harder to tap.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OT
Why I have more than 1 computer (and keyboard)

Sebastian has to help
He's lovely! Grew up with a sealpoint. Brill.

We now return control of this thread to the poor bastards who want to know about footnoting...

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #33
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Welcome to face-ebook.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #34
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You can download the Sony reader library which will display epubs as they will appear in smaller format readers, which might give you an idea of things.
I just went searching for that, and it would seem that it's not available anymore -- maybe, I'm not sure. Sony seems to have discontinued it...

http://ebookstore.sony.com/downpage/index_b.html

...and now it's Kobo. I did come across this, though...

http://www.createmagazines.com/ebook...rary-software/

...although that's not from Sony's site, and I don't know how old that page is (could be 5 years old, for all I can tell), or the software is that they have a link to. I suppose I could download and install it, and there would probably be an "update" button or something -- that's the software you meant, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
The line-height and the vertical align won't really work for Amazon (yes, I know that this is the ePUB sub-forum). and I think v-align is dicey at best. We've tried various solutions like that, with varying degrees of success.
Y'know, I do realize that amazon has the biggest share of the market, but I'm really starting to detest designing ebooks for that market -- it's ridiculous that ONE company puts out so many different devices, each with their own stupid little quirks, that you have to incorporate all kinds of ridiculous tweaks and "kludges" just to even do the most simple things that one can do for, say, iBooks. I don't really know much about other readers (I only have an iPad myself, and ADE for testing -- and prospectively the aformentioned Sony thing for testing, too -- and I test things out in KP before sending them up to amazon), but when I design for the iPad everything comes out beautifully, just wonderfully, exactly how I want it. With Kindle it's just a nightmare to design for (if you actually want to do any -- ahem -- DESIGN), even if after 10x the work you do finally get it looking "okay". :/

Last edited by Psymon; 06-27-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
I just went searching for that, and it would seem that it's not available anymore -- maybe, I'm not sure. Sony seems to have discontinued it...
Google is your friend. I found Reader Library.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-do...&os_group_id=5
Advert
Old 06-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #36
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Google is your friend. I found Reader Library.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-do...&os_group_id=5
Oh! I did see that, too, but from the title of the page ("Software Update for the Reader Device") I thought it was an update for the ereader device, not for on a PC -- upon closer inspection of that page just now, though, it would seem that it is for Windoze. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Welcome to face-ebook.
You can always tell a dog person.

Hitch
Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #38
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit

Quote:
You can always tell a dog person.
Ha ha -- I am definitely a doggie person! But I love kitties, too, rest assured.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Ha ha -- I am definitely a doggie person! But I love kitties, too, rest assured.
Kitties are there for the doggies to play with and when the doggies get hungry as a snack.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Oh! I did see that, too, but from the title of the page ("Software Update for the Reader Device") I thought it was an update for the ereader device, not for on a PC -- upon closer inspection of that page just now, though, it would seem that it is for Windoze. Thanks!
Happy to help. I do use Reader library when I want to see how things look on a 6" screen. It's mostly for ePub with photos/graphics. Sometimes the publishers have their heads firmly entrenched up their behinds when it comes to coding images to look good on a 6" screen. A lot of the time, they end up not fitting on screen.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #41
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Kitties are there for the doggies to play with and when the doggies get hungry as a snack.
BAD Wolfie, bad, bad, bad.

You know that there's someone around here who has termed him/herself as a "Curmudgeon in Training," right? You better watch out, your High Seat may be in danger of usurpation. I mean, speaking of "eek."

Hitch
Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
BAD Wolfie, bad, bad, bad.

You know that there's someone around here who has termed him/herself as a "Curmudgeon in Training," right? You better watch out, your High Seat may be in danger of usurpation. I mean, speaking of "eek."

Hitch
To be honest, I don't like cats.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #43
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
To be honest, I don't like cats.
Or Shakespeare. You're worrying me, Wolfie, m'dear.

Hitch
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Or Shakespeare. You're worrying me, Wolfie, m'dear.

Hitch
I don't mind Shakespeare. I do mind the way his work is taught in school.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #45
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the model html for footnotes, Hitch. This has been the one thing I still relied on Word to do for me.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote