Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2023, 08:26 AM   #31
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catanita View Post
I've just joined up and often see The Ducks so I thought I'd stick my neck out and ask you how on earth do you use this website? Where do I post a question? That is, where do I actually type a question? Thank you for your understanding.
I'll jump in ...

Start by doing a search: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/search.php

Type in a few key words then hit search, and go from there.

OR

start here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/

look at the bolded section headers and especially the descriptions underneath, and click on the appropriate section header. Then read the page, and click on the appropriate link to continue ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 12:21 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catanita View Post
I've just joined up and often see The Ducks so I thought I'd stick my neck out and ask you how on earth do you use this website? Where do I post a question? That is, where do I actually type a question? Thank you for your understanding.
Depends on what you are asking the question about. If you are wanting to ask about your Kindle ereader, you could check out the Kindle forums. A Calibre user? Check out the calibre forum and it's multiple subforums. Looking for free ebooks? You can check MobileRead's Patricia Clark Memorial Library forum and subforums.

Basically, find an area where your question seems to fit and ask away. For searching for a specific question to see if it's been previously asked, I generally use an external search engine and feed it a query such as 'koreader pocketbook fonts site:mobileread.com' (looking for adding fonts to a Pocketbook ereader using KOReader).
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2023, 06:27 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Depends
If your question is related to the current thread, yo do like you did and Use
New Reply after the last post in the thread.
Another way to respond to a POST is to Quote at the bottom of THAT POST

If it is a New Topic (Thread)
1)be in the correct forum (viewing the list of threads): On the LEFT above the list is a New Thread button <<<<<
Try and pick the best forum (as described at the top level (or sub Level on those that have them)
IMHO Avoid Quick reply. A regular (and Advanced ) offer more options and tools.
If you do figure out you posted in the wrong place, There is a list at the bottom of the current thread list of Moderators that can move your post OUT of where it is at. (I only can Mod Calibre and Sigil and CC, not here) or you can use the report this post button ((next to the Karma button) And request a move to xyz (those reports go to the Greenies Board level Mods). Forum Level mods lighten their load, so use us when you can
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote